Handango - for you lazy programmers

skywalker

Veteran X
I write programs, games, all sorts of things just to test out ideas. The problem is, they aren't sophisticated enough to warrant any sort of shareware price. In addition, shareware distribution on the PC is just a big hassle. One of my friends told me about http://www.handango.com/

The idea is you upload your program and the website distributes it and all that crap, so as a programmer all you have to do is write it. And that is all I'm interested in doing. If you have a good idea, chances are, you'll make a few bucks. Every program, no matter how stupid, sells at least a few copies. So if you're a good programmer, writing a stupid program (such as my 3D Pong) shouldn't take long, and it's easy money. If nothing else, you could donate it to TW.

:bigthumb:

Good stuff.. Microsoft just gave me a free PocketPC so that I might start developing mobile applications.

Link to 3D pong please?

this reminds me of some d00ds who where selling CS cheats on ebay. the sad thing is that people bought them.

Gapi is a load of shit, it's not worth having to write your own code to draw lines. I just used the GDI library, thin though it may be. I found other API tricksies to hide the top and bottom bars, it isn't hard. Programming for it is actually quite pleasant. The only issue is that the game slows down after a few minutes inexplicably and then speeds up again, and I have no idea why. Other than that, Pocket PCs are pretty cool. I didn't try to use the buttons, but from what I gather, that isn't hard either.

Back