HA! You fat bitches!

I finally lifted my ass out of unemployment. I got a freakin' job finally.

Heed my advice. Keep your fucking job at all costs. Kill someone if you have to. Unemployment and the ensuing job hunt suck a fat kid's dick.

congrats...

I am still plugging away at it, trying to find a decent position and applying for everything I am qualified for, it's slow though. This last job I applied for I was in the top 15 out of 100 applicants according to the guy who interviewed me and I won't know for a week or so if I will get an offer.

:spineyes:

Putrid said:
I am still plugging away at it, trying to find a decent position and applying for everything I am qualified for, it's slow though. This last job I applied for I was in the top 15 out of 100 applicants according to the guy who interviewed me and I won't know for a week or so if I will get an offer.
I was so fed up with the hunt that I deep sixed any ideas of getting back to work on the internet. I scaled it back and got rehired at a place I worked at years ago. Only this time, I'm doing graphic design and layout and all that instead of cutting paper and doing deliveries.

Putrid said:
congrats...

well thats good, once you get a new job you can get some new tires

for your house :lol:

someone used that joke at my work and i had to use it at somepoint on tw, and there arent too many new threads about new jobs :eek:

Employment is rising.
Only problem is many are fed up with looking and gave up.
Plus the salaries are lower, but you have to start somewhere.

NoGodForMe said:
Only problem is many are fed up with looking and gave up.
I can't say I blame them. I spent the last couple of months struggling against the tide, trying to find something I was qualified for only to find myself shit out of luck because I never got called for an interview. Ever. I followed the accepted protocol of the job hunt and nothing ever came of it. I got so desperate that I scaled my hunt down and considered working at a fucking factory.

I knew I'd hit rock bottom when I got all spiffed up for what I thought was an interview for some kind of office manager and wound up at some kind of pitch to do sales for rug shampoo products. The bullshit knew no limit there and I almost slugged the recruiter in the mouth when I realized I'd been duped.

Rapscallion Jones said:
I can't say I blame them. I spent the last couple of months struggling against the tide, trying to find something I was qualified for only to find myself shit out of luck because I never got called for an interview. Ever. I followed the accepted protocol of the job hunt and nothing ever came of it. I got so desperate that I scaled my hunt down and considered working at a fucking factory.

I knew I'd hit rock bottom when I got all spiffed up for what I thought was an interview for some kind of office manager and wound up at some kind of pitch to do sales for rug shampoo products. The bullshit knew no limit there and I almost slugged the recruiter in the mouth when I realized I'd been duped.

I have been getting interviews and most of them are for good paying jobs at reputable companies in my field but the problem is there are so many other people out there looking for the same freaking job, like I said over 100 people applied for the Systems Analyst (project manager) job I got interviewed for(although I find it hard to believe that there are that many qualified Systems Analysts in MS).

I had 3 interviews in the last week but there were other people who were also waiting to get interviewed at two of them, I hate that. I even went to the local cable company and a friend who knows a supervisor there had him look at my resume and he said, 'we won't hire someone that's this over qualified'. fook

and yes you have to be pretty savvy about the ads that are out there for employment, some of them are just plain scams.

the biggest problem I am running into is the 'old boys club' where they hire billybob's second cousin's sister's friend, twice removed on his mother's side.

Back