[GUITAR] Gonçalo Pereira (MP3)

random

Veteran XX
[GUITAR] Gonçalo Pereira (MP3)

I've been dropping his name in guitar threads for a few months now.
He's really well known in Portugal, but few people who aren't guitarists have heard of him in "the Western World".
His latest album isn't as great imho, so I'll just post what I think is his Magnum Opus.

This guy blows my mind. Listening to him play gives me the same feeling I got from Satch's Surfing with the Alien when I first heard it as a kid, and when my dad took me to one of his concerts.
Some of his influences are obvious.
If this thread gets a lot of replies I'll post albums of a few other less known guitarists.

I've only got 200mb of webspace, so I've had to temporarily delete the t1 demos I was hosting, and I'll have to delete this if anyone wants more albums. So mirror it.

Gonçalo Pereira - Tricôt no País das Maravilhas.zip

There's also 2 singles if you want to get an idea of what he sounds like.

04:06 Capuccino

03:36 Tricot No Pais Das Maravilhas

04:21 Torre De Babel

06:53 Tarutiri

04:05 Mon Cheri

07:31 Cocktail Molotoff

07:00 A Porca Torce O Rabo

03:00 Marcha Turca

04:04 Depois Das Oito

15:26 Paparazzi

07:14 City Jam

04:53 Funkonga

01:43 Malha Verde

Holy fuck this guy owns me. First three songs are killer, listening to number 3 again for the sweeps. That is incredible.

I love the solo guitar stuff. That track "Mediterranean Sunset" (no artist name) was floating around TW last year but the track was fucked up.

is this shit new?????

This is why guitar is dead. Motherfuckers are doing the same cheezy shit that guys did with it 20 years.

You could take those songs and they sound EXACTLY the same as what be found on a Moore, Becker, Friedman or a Kotzen album from '88.

is this shit new?????

This is why guitar is dead. Motherfuckers are doing the same cheezy shit that guys did with it 20 years.

You could take those songs and they sound EXACTLY the same as what be found on a Moore, Becker, Friedman or a Kotzen album from '88.

it's from 1998, so I guess you could call it new(?)
you should still be able to easily differentiate between this guy and the 80's guitarists though

i'll probably post some Mattias Eklundh next (in a few weeks)

he is really bizarre

Last edited:
it's from 1998, so I guess you could call it new(?)
you should still be able to easily differentiate between this guy and the 80's guitarists though

i'll probably post some Mattias Eklundh next (in a few weeks)

he is really bizarre

u have pm

are you sure that wasn't mediterranean sunrise byt dimeola macglaughlin and delucia?

Maybe he means "Mediterranean Sundance" by Al DiMeola on "Elegant Gypsy".

It was also performed by Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin & Paco De Lucia on "Friday Night In San Francisco".

Back