GSW is not terrible enough

ferret

Veteran XX
They won 2 this week, which puts them one ball further away in the draft.

I'm convinced in the NBA the best move is tank seasons; I'm convinced the Cavs did it get LeBron and they're in a better spot because of it. I would have done it too. No other sport can 1 guy change a team like the NBA.

For the last 20 years, no team has frustrated me more than the Warriors. During the small period when they looked like contenders (Mullin, Hardaway, Spree, Webber) the wheels would fall out.

Their draft picks aren't necessarily bad, so much as they don't have the picks when the stars are still there. I don't think they did bad drafting Curry, Jennings was a pure crapshoot as he did nothing in Europe but ride the pine.

Which leads me to this year; I thought a top 3 pick would put them out of the perennial cellar, but I'm not sure if there's an all star front man there; Wall seems to be the only lock out there. Favors and Davis have potential, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

until they get a new owner/front office it doesnt matter

the same way the raiders have no hope until al davis dies

this.

it really is amazing how awful management/ownership is. and while the raiders' al davis may be batshit crazy, at least there were SOME championship years under his watch. there just isn't a reasonable comparison to chris cohan and robert rowell.

what sucks is every once in a while i trick myself into thinking up ways the warriors can improve themselves over time with trades & FA signings, but the reality is nothing will change until cohan is gone.

I can more or less agree with this; I'm not sure why they are sticking with Nellie, other than giving him his wins record, but he's a proven year in and out flop in the playoffs. Nellie ball just doesn't work against good teams.

As far as the front office goes; I do agree they're bad, but luck is just as much of a factor. If a Kobe or Lebron falls in your lap, its pretty hard to screw it up.

Back