[Graphics Card] Where can I get a decent one cheaply?

dsw1

Veteran XV
For the past few weeks my computer has been shutting off it's graphics card whenever I play a game (be it graphics intense like skyrim or not like Heros of Might and Magic 3). The current one that I have is the Geforce GT 240 which came installed on my computer, however it turns out that this card has over-heating problems.

I have looked at online reviews of how to deal with this issue and I have been given 3 choices; install a new fan directly facing the graphics card, have an external fan facing the card at all times OR get a decent graphics card.

So TW, where can I get a new decent graphics card on the cheap?

Ta guys! :bigthumb:

I used to have that exact same card. Bought a Geforce GTX 550 Ti for $89 (crazy good deal) on Tiger Direct during Black Friday

You're better off just getting a new card (any holidays coming up?). Everyone is going to tell you to check the usual: Amazon, NewEgg, TigerDirect, DealNews, FatWallet, SlickDeals

Even budget cards are packing serious horsepower these days. Be sure to also order any cables you will need with the card, to avoid unboxing letdown. For example, I only had dvi and rgb cables, had to buy hdmi to dvi and mini dp to rgb.

Newegg.com has Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Video Card (GV-R667D3-1GI) + Dirt3 Game Coupon for $64.99 - $25 rebate = $39.99 + $7 S/H = $46.97. Thanks Medford99

not the best card but a decent one for stupid cheap. Slickdeal page 3

ya im pretty sure that card doesnt even ship until 3 weeks after order or some shit?

fuk that noise

i need a new card

but i think i just wait 2 get new pc for planetside2 when i regain my virginity again

man i see gforce 460's for $100 all day on newegg and such. ITs a great card for the price. I have the eVGA version SLI'd.

mojo004a.jpg

don't know why but :lol:

u can get a GTX 560 Ti for like 110-120 bucks now. will run anything on high

no, thats the 560 (NOTIFORYOU). I know, because of my constant months long vigil waiting for one from a decent manufacturer to dip below the 190$ mark so I can get a second.

go to dorm of nearby tech school

relieve student of brand new pride and joy supercomputingmachine purchased with student loans

profit

Back