Granny Tricks

Hive_Tyrant

Clambaked5
Veteran XV
Before my grandmother died, she passed on all kind of little tricks and wives tales. One of my favorite was the snake trick.

This guy I worked with was having a snake problem. Now, this guy would have been what my grandmother called a 'niggra' and he was deathly afraid of snakes. He had bought a new house and the property was covered with them. He told me that he loved his new house, but he was selling it. He couldn't deal with the snake problem.

One day he was sitting nearby and I was talking to my granny on the phone. I asked her, "Granny, how do you get rid of snakes?". She casually said "Mothballs honey, just throw them in the yard."

I told the guy the trick. 10 years later he's still living in the same house - snake free.

Another cool trick was for stump grinding. Instead of using a big machine, she would saturate the stump with animal based cooking oil. This attracted a large colony of ants and in less than a year they had chewed the stump to the ground. She then sprinkled a bit of borax (I think it was) on the mound and all the ants promptly died.

She also used to hang a large bottle with water, dish soap, and a bit of red dye in the tree near the house. It attracted all the wasps who would go into the bottle, get fucked up on the soap and drown.

I love granny tricks.

Granny_gallery.jpg

a friend made a borax and powdered sugar ant poison for us. Worked wonders and it's non-toxic.

my grandma smelled heavily of perfume.

one day she fell out of bed and threw up on the carpet, and they took her to the hospital.

we made plans to get up there to see her but we couldn't leave for 2 days.

she died before we got up there.

why would you tell that story

what relevance does it have to anything

:lol:

you're such a faggot its unbelievable

Another cool trick was for stump grinding. Instead of using a big machine, she would saturate the stump with animal based cooking oil. This attracted a large colony of ants and in less than a year they had chewed the stump to the ground. She then sprinkled a bit of borax (I think it was) on the mound and all the ants promptly died.

My grandpa had a better trick for stump grinding. Instead of using a big machine, he would drill a couple holes, put a few sticks of TNT into the center and blast it to splinters with a 2 min fuse.

My grandpa had a better trick for stump grinding. Instead of using a big machine, he would drill a couple holes, put a few sticks of TNT into the center and blast it to splinters with a 2 min fuse.

WTF

I want a relative that uses high explosives.

WTF

I want a relative that uses high explosives.

After helping to paint the house when I was kid, my dad took me out to the garage and washed my hands with kerosene. He then showed me how you can light your kerosene soaked hands on fire and not get burned. I promptly scared the shit out of my mother by waving flaming hands at her, and dad slept on the couch.

After helping to paint the house when I was kid, my dad took me out to the garage and washed my hands with kerosene. He then showed me how you can light your kerosene soaked hands on fire and not get burned. I promptly scared the shit out of my mother by waving flaming hands at her, and dad slept on the couch.

:rofl: bad dad.

Back