Gran Turismo 4 Hi-Res Pic

Since the top 3/4s looks like nothing more than an enhanced backdrop that was taken with a digital camera... :| (to me at least) You can even see where it wraps around in the back on the left on the canyon side.

I'd be more impressed if the environment textures weren't so horribly put together. There's huge seams all over the place.

That again does not look like anything but a tunnel with a non-shitty picture plastered on as the texture.

It's a PS2 for fuck's sake! It's pretty amazing they got something on that console to look so good. GT3 is still the best looking racing game out there and GT4 looks to be even better.

Besides being hi res and using hi res textures, which part of that looks good and is amazing for a console game?

All I see is a nice enough car model, some really shitty texturing on a bunch of rocks, a road edging that's mapped really badly with no blending, and a deformed 2D image for a background, slapped onto a low poly model. Hell, that isn't even done properly - you can see the join, and it stretches in several places.

I like GT3, but I don't think it looks particularly good either, unless you squint :)

Silly me, I missed the part where this became a HL2 thread..

Wait no I didn't, you're just a fucking member

That's the thing, this game is for PS2, not PC. I've always thought PC games look better than console ones. You can't compare HL2 graphics to Playstation 2 games.

I'm pretty sure I can find multiple racing games that look far better than that (besides the "hi-res" aspect of the wallpapered background and the "hi-res" car)

It more or less just reminds me of a n64 racing game, just with better rendering and higher resolution background

Kurayami said:
I feel as though there are many retarded people in this thread.

"OMG, IT ISNT A PC GAME. IT SUX, LOL"

I never said anything about it not meeting expectations of a computer game, it doesn't meet expectations of the current generation of video game consoles based on the two screenshots supplied that certain people are cumming all over.

Kizzak said:
I never said anything about it not meeting expectations of a computer game, it doesn't meet expectations of the current generation of video game consoles based on the two screenshots supplied that certain people are cumming all over.
...or you're just making up stuff for some reason.

"Wow, that looks like a tunnel with a texture on it."

Fire up Photoshop and point out the geometry.

Kurayami said:
...or you're just making up stuff for some reason.

"Wow, that looks like a tunnel with a texture on it."

Fire up Photoshop and point out the geometry.

he can't because he hasn't taken geometry yet. lololololerz

Back