Google's Stadia [did I miss the thread?]

JudgeU

Veteran XV
Google's getting into the game market

Netflix for games? All you need is a screen?

I think there will be a lot of hate for this thing, but I wonder if the cheap price (I'm guessing) will make it a success.

Last edited:
believe it or not, most google projects are complete failures. this will be among them since cloud gaming is a fuckin joke that only execs out of touch with gaming seem to think is a great idea

think its way too early for this, but it will eventually be the future of gaming. devs love it because you can't resell your games. should get rid of cheating and pirating too.

Yeah the presentation was 99% just google masturbating into the audience about how big their datacenters are.

And of course they didn't talk about latency, you never talk about your weaknesses.

Imagine playing a fighting game at 60 fps with a 100+ ping :lol:

Did Google announce how they were going to pump advertising thru Stadia?

All we need is an advertising company pushing a game system that won't allow you to block ads. This will bring free 2 play to a whole new level of fucking evil.

There's some cool functionality they're pitching with streaming to youtube integrated and "join" buttons from the stream, so you can hop right in with someone you're watching (if invited).

I'm a little meh on the whole controller thing instead of kb/mouse -- I can't envision anyone remotely skilled at gaming opting for a controller over kb/mouse. Obviously there's a massive market for consoles, but then again, there's a massive number of horrible gamers out there too.

Regardless, does Google have the computing power to render 4k/60fps for potentially millions of gamers simultaneously? Maybe. Can they do that with minimal (<100 ping) latency consistently? I sincerely doubt it. My skepticism level on that front is at 99%. And if they can't do that, it's just like every other failed game streaming service.

Back