Google Streetview

Dirty Sanchez

Veteran X
So im sitting in my living room, watching Trailer Park Boys, when i see this little car, with a big fuck off mast on its roof with big squares at the top on each side. Of course i say "What in the fuck!?" then he turns the corner and theres a big Google sticker on the back.

Well holy shit, my little shit hole town is actually going to have streetview. What waste of money.

Cool story hansel, bro, whatever.

it's really fucking handy.

when you look up my address it shows the wrong house, which it seems to do for most, but it's nice to be able to show people a pic of your house when you are giving them directions to get there.

My friend is on there, but I wasn't able to find myself. :( I would've probably noticed if the google car went past tho.

what a crappy job, have to drive that everywhere

maps.live.com (now bing.com)'s bird eye view > street view

the dude was driving pretty fast too. Well, fast for a suburban area i guess. Must have a fucking fast shutter speed on those cameras.

any shutter speed that would capture a moving car (like def's sig) is fast enough to capture anything from a moving car

The google car caught me turning into my cul-de-sac, and followed me as I pulled into my driveway and opened the garage door. It's creepy.

when you look up my address it shows the wrong house, which it seems to do for most, but it's nice to be able to show people a pic of your house when you are giving them directions to get there.

My friend is on there, but I wasn't able to find myself. :( I would've probably noticed if the google car went past tho.

i had to drive to reno to pick up a dog. when we got there the street forked and it was not easy to find the house we had to go to but in the car on her iPhone my wife street viewed the house. We noticed a BIG blue house next door and quickly found the house we wanted because we seen the neighbors house in street view.

This shit is so fucking useful especially when you can somehow look at it from a cell phone.

i dont think google maps actually knows the individual addresses of each house. I think it takes the number you give it when you search and estimates the distance down the block that that number would fall.

like 2500 would be halfway between the 2000 and 3000 block. most of the time its the wrong house, but whatevah.

At a stop light once I glanced over and saw an SUV in the left-turn lane with a large frame with cameras on its roof. It had a magnetic sign on its door with some 3rd party companies name on it, but it was pretty obvious they were contracted by Google.

It turned left on its green light and began snapping pictures midway through the turn. My car is in the background, still waiting for my green light.

I also got snapped walking in front of my apartment returning from the store. I never saw that vehicle.

You can bet I would've if I could've. I'm often weird and spontaneous like that. :lol:

Back