good place to buy LCDs in Europe

Pr0d|gE

Veteran XV
i'm in the air force, stationed in germany, and i want to get a new samsung 46" lcd. no stateside company will ship here (apo or even a physical address). the aafes selection isn't that great. the only samsung lcd they have is the 46n81 and it's out of stock for 3 months.

i know there's a few tw peeps overseas and was hoping to get some suggestions.

can't you go to another af base in germany? just out of curiosity what base are you at? otherwise you're pretty much fucked as everything over here is more expensive.

can't you go to another af base in germany? just out of curiosity what base are you at? otherwise you're pretty much fucked as everything over here is more expensive.

vogelweh, near ramstein. i hear the other bases aafes aren't that great either.

he's a contractor now, used to be in the AF. i was just in bonn this weekend. apparently, according to my gf, vogelweh is the place where they buy all their electronics because it's the biggest powerzone in the area. and she says you don't have much hope at finding anything better. so i guess you're fucked.

yeah i figured, the vogelweh powerzone is the best. i can try stuff on the economy with my all mighty VAT form, but it's still gonna be expensive.

the tv at the powerzone is the 46N81B. seems decent, but i'm not to keen on LCD specs

apparently you should look at "saturn" or "mediamarkt" i haven't seen these but as AF you should get tax off anyway. i don't have any personal experience with this btw.

edit copying and pasting:

saturn is usually located upstairs in either kaufhof or karstadt (those big department stores we went into in bonn - theyre all over the country)...in some big cities like cologne, theres a saturn on its own

mediamarkt is its own store and is also usually in the city center

i was just at saturn - they have some nice stuff. but i'd like to get a dual voltage tv and that'll be the problem when shopping on the economy.

i'm checking out mediamarkt tomorrow

ebuyer are generally the cheapest for electronics, but I don't know if they operate in Germany.

edit: looks like they don't ship to continental Europe, just the UK and channel islands.

Back