[golf] Americans continue to suck in international sports

lonewolf63afo

Veteran X
Alot, if not all of you, give a shit about the ryder cup or professional golf, but the americans lost to europe this weekend 16-8 in the Ryder Cup. The Euros had alot more depth than the americans, but we, as americans, are supposed to be the dominating force in international competition. However, in the past year the following things have happened:

The US hockey team mustered one win in the olympics.

The US Baseball team totally fucking shit the bed in the World Baseball classic. They didnt even medal and its our national fucking pastime.

The US basketball team disapointed again in the world championships finishing 3rd ( i think). They also got creamated by greece.

The US underachieved in the World Cup.

and so on and so forth.

What the hell is wrong with american sports? Are we getting worse, or is the world just finally catching up?

americans are not supposed to be a "dominating force in international competition"

our egos suggest that.

I think the rest of the world is catching up.

There's better competition out there. It's good for us. We need competition to better ourselves.. otherwise, we won't improve our skill base.

Who cares? International basketball is an absolute joke. FIBA rules are ridiculous. I dont even qualify FIBA as real basketball. The United States has the best basketball players, and the best basketball league.

The US basketball team disapointed again in the world championships finishing 3rd ( i think). They also got creamated by greece.

??? they lost by 6 points

greece made every single shot down the stretch, it was the game of their lives, and they showed it by losing to spain by 30 points in the finals

anyways, these TEAMS are beating our INDIVIDUALS

like "whoa" we can't get by on pure talent anymore

if we assembled a team of our premier players in each sport to compete, we would be the best in every sport aside from soccer most likely

Last edited:
besides, in things like baseball, basketball, and hockey, many of the best players who live and play in teh US leagues every year compete for different countries. So, essentially, its US-trained teams beating US-trained teams.

Soccer is a different thing. I think we did great considering that no one fucking cares about soccer in the US.

Last edited:
Our best athletes are too worried about getting injured in their off season, which would jeopardize their cash flow for the national leagues.

we are good at football.

I wouldn't be so confident with the way our players tend to be total fucking pussies give the rugby teams in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and maybe Ireland/England a few months to learn the game and some of those games might be closer than we'd like.

I wouldn't be so confident with the way our players tend to be total fucking pussies give the rugby teams in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and maybe Ireland/England a few months to learn the game and some of those games might be closer than we'd like.

players in america have been literally bred to play certain positions in football.

Back