Going to Vegas...

-TigerClaw-

Veteran XX
So uh, yeah, title pretty much sums it up. And I know a lot of you guys are West Coast heads, which I'm assuming means more than a number of you are familiar with this oh-so-fun bastion of sin and debauchery. Problem is, this is essentially my first trip out there (first time doesn't count, was a layover).

In any case...if you could recommend ONE place/thing/event to go to/see/do, what would it be? With all the clubs/bars/nudie bars/shows out there, I want to "maximize" the experience, naw'mean? ;)

I'm not 21 however I do go to vegas a lot with my rents and they love it at the Palms, great lounges, rooms are nice(I'm sure you've got one of these already) and the gambling is nice. My dad is on the LV VIP list cause he knows the VP for the MGM chain which is MGM, Luxor, NYNY, Mirage, Bellagio, Treasure Island, Circus Circus, The Venetian and Bally's so we tend to go often.

I just got back from 5 days in Vegas last week. We stayed at Caesar's Palace.
I dont think I would waste money at Caesar's again. The rooms were decent, but not what you would expect for the money and at Caesar's you get the feeling that if you arent a high roller, then you dont even register on their radar.

I had a lot of fun playing Poker at the Mirage. Black Jack is pretty easy to find a decent game of pretty much anywhere.

The most fun we had was when we went out of the strip area down to Boulder Highway and went to Sams Town. They had good Black Jack, pretty loose slots, Bingo for my wife to play, a movie theater, etc. If we ever go back, that's probably where we'll end up staying.

As for a must-see show, I would recommend Mystere if you can get tickets. You have to get them in advance or pray to get some in the standby line. Amazing show. We saw both Mystere and 'O' and Mystere was by far the better show. Also, if you go to a Cirque show, dont get there late or the clowns will fuck with you.

I'm staying at the Stratosphere...about which I know very little :)

But yeah, I'll prolly head to Mirage or Bellagio for actual gambling, was wondering more about the non-gambling stuff that anyone would recommend.

When ya goin? I'll be making the cross country trip (driving) May 12ish. Mom is movin (parents are divorcin), and we're stayin for the weekend (me and some friends who are hopefully helping us with the driving and moving). No need for a hotel since mom will have an apartment, but, we will be gambling at Bally's, Stardust, Orlean's, and who knows where else. That is of course if I don't run out of money by the end of the first night there.

-TigerClaw- said:
I'm staying at the Stratosphere...about which I know very little :)

But yeah, I'll prolly head to Mirage or Bellagio for actual gambling, was wondering more about the non-gambling stuff that anyone would recommend.
Ugh, that place is horrible no offense, more near the beginning of the strip is where the life is. Stratosphere from what I hear(family members) say it's cheap and a horrible expierance there :/

You do all the free stuff, because it's free.
Watch the Fountains, the volcano, pirate show.
Play $1 blackjack and the Sahara and order Long Island Ice Teas tipping the girl $1.
Play the drink game, hang out near video slots, make it look like you're playing, get free drinks for $1 tip from the waitresses.

there is no more pirate show, its some Siren show now (less dudes in tights, more chicks in bathing suits :)). treasure island just got totally redone.

the stratosphere is on the edge of ghetto vegas, tho the tower is pretty cool. just walk south towards the strip and you should be fine.

aside from the normal strip stuff, there isnt much. u can maybe catch a Las Vegas 51's (farm team for the Dodgers) game, or go to the Sports Park (batting cages n stuff).

walkin around on the strip and catchin all the shows/malls/events there should be plenty for a weekend tho :eek:

Blue Man Group @ the luxor is a "must see" as well as Mystere (this stuff aint cheap)

lol @ ghetto comments...I figured it probably was, the trip was booked on relatively short notice, and we got some outstanding deal there, so I wasn't expecting it to be top shelf ;)

Sounds like this Mystere thing is definitely worth looking into--not taking any ladies out there though so dunno if a bunch of dudes would want to shell out for a *show* experience, but who knows? Thanks for the input guys!

Blue Man Group is probably cooler for a bunch of dudes than Mystere is. Look into that..
both shows are around $100 a ticket i think

im going for video production, and graphics. Any time my company is willing to fly me to some place to get me hammered im all over it :)

what dates are you going ?
I will be there april 20th - 22nd

Wow, didn't know the pirate show was done, but I haven't been back since 2000.

I do know Vegas went back to their smut image, so there are many topless shows around. But like we said, shows are expensive. The 2 drinks they give you are watered down, and you're supposed to tip the server after that. Everyone has their hand out asking for money. That's one reason I've never been back.

you can always play $1 blackjack at sahara if you don't want to lose your pants. it's a good place to get some table time and experience since you said this was your first time and all. don't expect the coctail waitress' too often so make sure you tip em good and they'll come back around more frequently. also don't expect ambiance.

don't expect to win. if you do win, great, but don't chase your losses.

Half-Wit said:
im going for video production, and graphics. Any time my company is willing to fly me to some place to get me hammered im all over it :)

what dates are you going ?
I will be there april 20th - 22nd

haha nice, i love that too.
ill probably be there the entire week, in and out. i live here, but im a lazy ass.

hey fid :D

oh shits Blotter don't tell him to "walk" from the stratosphere... he'll get raped by a crack whore or worse... lol

as far as clubs.... Ghost Bar is cool mainly for where it is (top of the palms)... the piano bar/club place in Caesars is cool for chillin'.... Batista's italian restaurant right behind the MGM before you get to Koval is pimp, love that place... hmmmm what else... oh yeah.... SAPPHIRES!!!

I live in Vegas but I live way Northwest and avoid the strip unless company comes into town.... of course they have to see all the shit and wear me out. :)

Back