Going to 0.0?

Defaced

Veteran X
I am just about to hit 1mil sp, I am flying a thorax and I currently spend all my in-game time running lvl 2 missions.

Does it make any sense/would it help anyone if I joined a new corp and moved out where TW/FREEE lives? Missions are getting real stale, I basically just do it when I need to buy a new skill book and play wow the rest of the time.

Should I wait until I have a bigger ship? Is the game significantly different when played in zero-sec?

Also, I haven't really taken my character anywhere in terms of skill progression. Right now 700k of my points are in learning, and the next 500k will be also, as I get all the tier 2 skills (sans charisma) to level 3/4.

Last edited:
unless you join a corp in the IRON or G alliances, you need to stay the hell out of the northern regions

when in less than 0.4, your ass is fair game, if you can handle that prospect then go for it

Yes, ideally I would join such a corp before attempting to make my way north.

Specifically, I read that natmav still has TW open as a feeder corp, and eventually I could get into freee. If that is untrue, none of this matters anyway and I just chill in empire space.

It just feels to me like I must be missing out on some part of the game, because grinding missions is not nearly as exciting as I convinced myself that EVE would be.

Similar to the difference between leveling to 60 and end-game raiding in wow.

Yeah, you haven't even scratched the surface of EVE yet.

You're welcome to join TRIBA for now. We will be working on gettting some guys up to make some ISK mining. In order to live up here full time, you will really need to have at least a BS with pretty decent skills so you have something to do (ratting) during off times.

At some point this week (Ill be heading home for a few days starting tommorrow) Ill try to get something together with alot of the new guys and mining up around 00.

And if you join TRIBA, you have access to 00...at least Im pretty sure. I'll check to make sure TRIBA is still at positive standings.

I idle in the tribalwar chat channel whenever I'm logged in.

Argoth Balaer.

When I made the char I thought I had to have a last name. And my picture is ugly, but I don't want to restart.

TRIBA is still positive with IRON/G and has access up north. I would just wait it out a bit till you can get some decent skills to fly a BS. 0.0 can be pretty boring w/o having a BS to NPC hunt in. We hold mining ops pretty often; however, the rest of the time you would be sitting up there with a thumb up your ass.

SweatySack said:
TRIBA is still positive with IRON/G and has access up north. I would just wait it out a bit till you can get some decent skills to fly a BS. 0.0 can be pretty boring w/o having a BS to NPC hunt in. We hold mining ops pretty often; however, the rest of the time you would be sitting up there with a thumb up your ass.

This is the main reason I got an alt....now I can't rat in 0.0 yet, but I can have fun in lower sec space with relative safety.... ;)

Maybe i'll get my alt corp an IRON pass someday, if Zidock ever gets some help... :(

Hopefully ill be heading into 0.0 in my AC fitted BC. With a shield tank and some nos to keep it going, hopefully ill be able to hit some rats in <.3

Teflonatron said:
This is the main reason I got an alt....now I can't rat in 0.0 yet, but I can have fun in lower sec space with relative safety.... ;)

Maybe i'll get my alt corp an IRON pass someday, if Zidock ever gets some help... :(
pirate corps aren't usually granted passes

Vlasic said:
pirate corps aren't usually granted passes

We aren't a pirate corp, we just had a run in with a newb we didn't like...hehe

We haven't done anything bad since, and have been working off our negative security status. But if we don't get an IRON pass, I'm sure we will end up searching for one somewhere else...I'd prefer not to do that... ;)

Back