Gawker compromised (Kotaku / Jalopnik / etc)

Leiawen

Veteran X
Looks like a hacking group has compromised 1.5 million accounts on Gawker, so they're telling everyone to change their passwords, etc.

I post on Kotaku so this is relevant to me, maybe relevant to you guys also.

Gawker Hacked | Gawker Commenter Database Hacked | Mediaite

Commenting Accounts Compromised — Change Your Passwords

And they were nice enough to release a torrent too. Yay.

Gawkmedia source code + database release (1,300,000 rows). (download torrent) - TPB

Lots of unhashed passwords in those text files...

Being a supporter of wikileaks. I totally support these hackers. Transparency for all!

Edit: It looks like "Anonymous" did it.

good, everyone on those sites has ultra-witty names like "michael shumacher gay sex affair, or how i learned to love ze cock"

i'm sure the passwords are equally as witty

apparently there are a number accounts from people in the government that were compromised as well

Live News Wire

I would hope all those people weren't stupid on the re-use of passwords

the top person on that list, btw, is the chief of staff for Issa (ranking republican on oversight)

if the password on gawker was re-used elsewhere, this is about to get really fucking hilarious

Not knowing anything about computer security except how to download an antivirus program, I have no idea what's going on in this thread. However, I'm glad you guys do and are amused by it.

I use my password everywhere!

If you look through that database and find me, you'll have the password to my bank accounts/TW account/WoW Account/Steam Account/Papa Johns Pizza account...

I should probably change my password from 'passwordgod420' into something else.

Back