gas grills? recommend!

Sariel

Veteran XX
Howdy folks,

I've been using a charcoal grill for the past 8 years, but getting a little sick of the cleanup. I'd like to grill more often, maybe 2-3 times a week. I'd also prefer something that would last 5-6 years at least. Willing to spend up to $500-$600 range. Any recommendations or experiences you guys have had with gas grills?

weber

don't spend the money though

what you do is you find a neighborhood that doesn't have a lot of fences

go to that neighborhood during the day and scope out nice grills

later that night come back with a buddy and a pick up truck and snag it and go home

free grill

Frypan.

Chop meat up, add butter to pan, cook, drain fat, add more butter, comes out just like a Japanese place.

If you want one that will last go with a Stainless steel unit. Make sure you can get parts in the long run.

I have a BBQ Grillware. Decent grill and I think it was $170 at Lowes. Been using it for a couple years and works great, unless its windy.

871980002106.jpg

I have a BBQ Grillware. Decent grill and I think it was $170 at Lowes. Been using it for a couple years and works great, unless its windy.

871980002106.jpg
That's the early ancestor of the Perfect Flame™ 5-burner grill that I have. The dials are precisely identical and the hood is quite similar too which means that the burners are probably identical as well...

The burners were falsely advertised as being stainless steel--which is complete nonsense. After 2 years worth of steady grilling they will fall apart--they will actually rust & crack making the flame horridly inconsistent. The web is rife with complaints about it.

Are you ready to spend $28-35 per burner? Because that's what it'll take to replace them. I spent about $300 for my 5-burner...multiply 5 times 35. It'll cost me over half the price of the grill just to restore it in less than 5 years. F*ck them.

I'm buying whatever Sears sells from now on.

I bought it to replace an old charcoal grill I had. I didn't have much to spend and thats the only I found in my price range that had what I needed and didn't look like it would break in a month. I'm grilling a lot more now than I did when i bought it. I acctually took it to burning man with me this year. Worked great. When it dies, I'll invest in a newer, better grill, but until then, this one works well for the price.

Back