Game show tryouts?

NinjaFetus

Veteran X
I got a casting call for a gameshow on canadian tv called "You Bet Your Ass"

I've only seen maybe two episodes, it seems like mostly easy pop culture trivia and a smaller prize because they're a smaller show. ($1000? I don't remember) Could still be fun though.

Is there anything I should expect beyond them asking sample questions? maybe playing the game against other potential contestents? (Obviously these questions are geared towards any of you who have done something like this before.)

Jim Beam said:
Do they give you Lifelines? heh.

no lifelines, but you can steal points, apparently.

from the website:
In each episode, contestants duke it out for points through four rounds of wagering. "The Wild Card" provides more opportunity for contestants to add to their totals, or better yet, steal 500 points from another player if they get the question right.

In the final round, contestants put their "ass on the line" by betting on three final questions from a category of their choice. With each question, they can either bet a portion of their points or go all-in. The person with the most points wins $500. Here's the twist: they can either go home with their winnings or let it all ride for a shot at $1,000 of cold, hard cash by correctly answering one final question.

---

$500-1000 canadian as a final prize. I was right. But it's more money then I walked in with, even if it isn't a million or whatever big gameshows are giving away.

Back