[Furniture] Looking for an 'office' chair

xgalaxy

Veteran X
I sit in front of a computer all day programming. I come home and again sit in front of a computer all night.

I'm looking for something very comfortable, especially on the butt/lower back and arm rests. I hate chairs with shitty arm rests and especially arm pads that are hard (wtf is the point of a hard arm pad?).

Please god help.

sitzstuhl8.jpg

This problem is not a joke. I had the perfect chair for my desk for quite a few years. But while I sit at the computer, I have the chair totally reclined. This caused my favorite chair in the world to eventually break at the metal piece that connects the bottom of the chair to the top. And so I had to go on a search for a chair to equal it.

Bought one, too high for my desk, the slide out keyboard part hit the arms. Bought another after doing measurements and it didn't recline far enough. Finally the third one I bought was the right height, but its just not "the chair" if you know what i mean. I really miss my old chair. It was perfect.

Buying a computer chair really isn't as cut and dry as sit in one at office depot and purchase it.

I don't have one, but have used them at 2 companies I visit. Those chairs are excellent. One day i'll buy, one, they are not cheap.

Not only are they "not cheap", they're "downright expensive". But yes, also incredibly comfortable

At my old work, we had those, along with some majorly awesome Recaro ones. Big deep bucket seat, back rest with an inflatable lumbar pad, armrests that you could flip out of the way if you didn't want them... awesome chairs, but I think they were even more expensive than the Aerons..

Back