French Ban Muslim Head Scarves

Yeah, they try to do that here to. The faster, the better imo.

I love the arguments against such a ban tho.
"then we women won't be allowed outside anymore"
"it's to protect us against non-islamic men"
... besides that the scarf has no oppressing nor discriminating effect on the women whatsoever.^^

as shitty as I think the whole scarf thing in muslim culture is...they still have a right to wear it if that' their belief

fucking french

The law has not been voted yet; and it's only in specific places, such as public school (all religious signs are banned) and federal buildings.

Heh.
Blown way out of proportion.
I don't think it's right to do this, but having been in the french school system, pretty much any "head gear" is banned (and usually this kind of bans only applies to the classrooms).
Besides, given the amount of muslims and the general lazyness of most public school administrations, I doubt that anyone would pay attention to it even if it passed.

roller.hate.jpg

meh...Europe is entering (if it's not already in) a post-Christian era. This should make the pagy's of the world happy though. Score one for intolerance!

dumb fucking french..

way to set a large chunk of a large portion of your population (muslim) agaisnt the govt....

um, this title is misleading. they are banning ALL religious shit regardless of faith. so jews can't wear their lil hat and all that shit.

Got Haggis? said:
i think jewish yamakas (spelled wrong i'm sure) should be banned too.....bet they won't do that!

They are, or, at least, they're going to be.

Muslim abayas (I think that's what they're called), Jewish yarmulkes, and "large Christian crosses" are going to be banned in public schools by the French government.

Doaln said:
um, this title is misleading. they are banning ALL religious shit regardless of faith. so jews can't wear their lil hat and all that shit.
Which is no less wrong. People may not have the right to preach and convert and pray in school or in government buildings and all that, but they sure as fuck have the right to dress as they want/in accordance with their beliefs.

France and Germany sure are getting closer, arent they?

there is no problem whatsoever with this

france is a historically secular culture, so in french schools they are going to follow french customs

no religious symbols whatsoever is just a way to teach students a little french culture

Back