Fortnite

Anybody up to LTM deathmatch tonight?

Happy hates skills games you can't cheat at. duh.

Last edited:
LTM right now is high explosives. Love the non stop rockets. Too bad they dont have jetpacks like last time though. Shit was almost tribes like

I think maybe there are two atm? High Ex and the 100 kills one

I have been sucked into other games lately and don't play LTMs really anyway

I don't wanna be even more of a condescending douche than usual...but I'm gonna do a TPK effort post

I would have thought that most people (like HaPpY and the TW of yesteryear) who claim to be into high skill cap online shooter games with interesting movement mechanics and other twists (like Tribes) would be able to appreciate some of what makes Fortnite quite exceptional :eek:

the true evidence of this forum being dead is that almost no one here knows shit about video games anymore...people are old and out of touch and playing cookie cutter turds like OW, CoD, BF, and endless survival games

as one of the elitists who SHOULD know better, HaPpY sort of disappoints me. But on the other hand, even though he should know better, he's always been a retard, soooo...

the problem with Fortnite is it's just another battle royale game at the end of the day so...meh

but objectively speaking it's a much more skilful competitive game than most other things out there atm, so even for HaPpY it's extra dumb to decry other people for blindly liking shit games, while at the same time blindly raging about one of the few 'big' games to be doing some interesting things

:soapbox:

its not interesting, its just a gimmick take on BR. pubg is a superior game to FN, but its greatest drawback being its a buggy unpolished mess... which is the only reason FN is popular.

COD BO is supposed to be that polished successor to FN... but well its backed by activision and theyre already doing their best to ruin a good thing by jewing it to shit.

dont tell me its about skill because it isnt... FN is largely RNG oriented and theres a reason the esports scene is a joke, despite epic throwing crazy $$$ at it. its also the reason Korea and other regions reject FN- where they care about esports far more than NA which is considered the least skilled of all regions.

I follow you :)

blindly hating something because it's popular is just as dumb as blindly liking something because it's popular

right?

except some of my fav games are also the most popular ones. currently its league which is still #1 world wide (not FN).

furthermore FN popularity has peaked a while ago and is on a decline... proving its a casual game to begin with (true competitive titles last many years if not decades)

some upvote/downvote site NA only site doesnt mean shit... heres a slightly more accurate one (overwolf based):

Most Popular Core PC Games | Global | Newzoo

actual raw data on this stuff is hard/impossible to gather since its mostly in the hands of those companies only. so streaming sites/overlays/etc are the best source.

Last edited:
not about skill? largely RNG?

you're either trolling or crazy

I agree it's not a true comp/esports title though

its partially about skill and partially about RNG aka bloom... which primarily exists for the casuals as epic seems to defend it.

if FN got rid of that shit, maybe added more vehicles, and ditched the dumbass building gimmick theyd have a much better game.

its partially about skill and partially about RNG aka bloom... which primarily exists for the casuals as epic seems to defend it.

if FN got rid of that shit, maybe added more vehicles, and ditched the dumbass building gimmick theyd have a much better game.

so what you're saying is you can't build, don't like to walk and can't aim for shit

and get the snot kicked out of you by 10 year olds.

How the mighty have fallen. Remember when you used to be able to just make your own server mods and be a god because nobody realized you were cheating?

good times.

I am not a fan of the bloom thing either, it seems weird to me...but, at the same time...everyone is on an equal playing field, right?

it's not like the game is gonna RNG shit players into beating good players

so what you're saying is you can't build, don't like to walk and can't aim for shit

and get the snot kicked out of you by 10 year olds.

How the mighty have fallen. Remember when you used to be able to just make your own server mods and be a god because nobody realized you were cheating?

good times.

ya you link me to game popularity in UAE and equate me complaining about bloom to not being able to aim... ok :lol:

I am not a fan of the bloom thing either, it seems weird to me...but, at the same time...everyone is on an equal playing field, right?

it's not like the game is gonna RNG shit players into beating good players

well thats actually whats holding the game back the most honestly. the building thing is stupid but its not really holding it back competitively. if they insist on leaving bloom in, itll slowly kill the game... and a game must be an esport if it wants to survive in popularity for years/decades.

its the little things like this that make a huge difference. HOTS+DOTA2 are in a similar position, they could be much better than league, but they they have minor design flaws holding them back that the companies are too blind/stubborn to change.

well thats actually whats holding the game back the most honestly. the building thing is stupid but its not really holding it back competitively. if they insist on leaving bloom in, itll slowly kill the game... and a game must be an esport if it wants to survive in popularity for years/decades.

its the little things like this that make a huge difference. HOTS+DOTA2 are in a similar position, they could be much better than league, but they they have minor design flaws holding them back that the companies are too blind/stubborn to change.

The bloom blows.

But building... You do realize that is where the skill comes in for this game. Try building like the best guys, seriously fucking try it. It is fucking hard...

The same pros are able to dominate everybody below them on a consistent basis, showing very clearly that it is a skill based game. Given that you have played a whopping total of 10 games I don't see how you can judge the title at all.

Last edited:
Back