[Fords] Rejoice, Brakes & Wheels are optional!

LostAngel

X
Veteran XV
Optional brakes? - (37signals)

FordDirect.com has some interesting ideas about which features on a car are optional…

ford_brakes.png

Optional brakes? That certainly is a Bold Move.

And if cash is really tight, you can also have ‘em leave off the wheels and pedals…

forddirect_pedals2.png

:lol:

I was given the option of all-4-wheel disc brakes with my truck instead of drum brakes on the rear axle. I went with the all-4-disc option.

I also got to choose what kind of wheels (and tires).

[obligatory] DUH!

Duh, really? You don't think they could have put it a different way? :domotwak:

</sarcasm>

Like under "upgrades" instead of "optional features"? :o: Yeah...

YUO SO STUPID, THE FORD WOULD LAST FOREVER WITHOUT WHEELS TO MAKE IT MOVE
ITS A VERY WISE INVESTMENT, A FORD THAT CANT BREAK

Duh, really? You don't think they could have put it a different way? :domotwak:

</sarcasm>

Like under "upgrades" instead of "optional features"? :o: Yeah...

nah i think they listed it fine, but you're just taking it too literally.

Like OMG 'STORAGE' is an option too !!1 can i get my car with NO STORAGE LOLALMALO !1!1 LOL or even no PEDALS LOL L O L PEDALS ARE OPTIONAL LOL

i'm pretty sure this is standard operating procedure/format for those "automobile manufacturers"

You're right. I'm in usability, so I see this stuff all the time. It's ridiculous and I laugh at it because it's not the "norm". It's confusing to the user because if you put down "brakes" as an "optional feature" rather than an "upgrade" like any other car manufacturer your user base can make the assumption that brakes are not needed rather than included and upgradeable.

If you look at mercedes they denote wheels as an "Exterior Appearance Upgrade". BMW is the same. Lexus bills them as accessory packages. Regardless none of the other car manufacturers I've ever seen bill them as "Optional Features".

Probably not funny to the majority of you, but it cracked me the fuck up.

Actually, the dealer will usually try to upsell you by listing off all the upgrades available to you.

Back