Ford Rangers

Pilky

Veteran XV
Anyone have experience with these trucks? I just bought a condo and I'm looking for a 4x4 around $5,000.

2000 ford ranger

I went and took a look at that one but i heard some type of "clanking" noise when it was idleing. The guy said he thinks it some issue with the timing chain, either the tensure or idler...not sure exact what he said.

[Hey guys I just bought a condo] CONGRATULATE ME [/Hey guys I just bought a condo]

Kind regarrrrrds
DrSupey

Anyone have experience with these trucks? I just bought a condo and I'm looking for a 4x4 around $5,000.

2000 ford ranger

I went and took a look at that one but i heard some type of "clanking" noise when it was idleing. The guy said he thinks it some issue with the timing chain, either the tensure or idler...not sure exact what he said.

You act like saying you bought a condo explains why you want a 4x4.

5k? Dont buy it. I got mine for 1k, though it is a 94. Good trucks. Go with pre 2000 if you find one in good condition. After that the quality went to shit.

one of my buddies had one a while back in high school. had a '92 one with the 2.4L(?) I4 that was totalled in an accident that had 140k on it and still had the original clutch and had needed no major maintenance.

his family replaced it with (i think) an 04 ranger, this time the 4.0L V6.

it's basically the only truck that i like. they're hilarious fun and can do a decent amount of light hauling. reliable, semi-comfortable, amusing, and without any of the stupid AMERICA FUCK YEAH-ism that the bigger pickups have...

one of my buddies had one a while back in high school. had a '92 one with the 2.4L(?) I4 that was totalled in an accident that had 140k on it and still had the original clutch and had needed no major maintenance.

Mine has about 240k last time I checked and still has all original parts too. Hard to decide if I like them or toyotas better. Both seem to drive forever.

I have a 96 4x4 4.0L ranger with 162k miles that I've owned since high school. I've beaten the shit out of it and it's still running strong (and with no major problems).

Timing chain? Find another one. That sucker breaks or skips a tooth the engine is junk. I'd never buy a ford because they have too many problems related to cheap materials, but hey, some people like them. I'd rather have an older Toyota than a new Ford any day.

My 99 ranger seems to be holding up pretty well. It does some interested things from time to time though. I wish I were more mechanical.

I have a 99 Ranger XLT with 82k miles. Never had a problem outside of normal maintenance (tires, battery). It's a great truck :]

The y2k model looks nice, but it's not worth $5k even without that noise. If you know it has a problem, any problem at all, keep looking. There are at least 50 million vehicles for sale.

Back