For the first time I gave 0 tip.

Ender

ValtreX
Veteran XX
I have never given 0 for tip when dinning out and I usually dine out a lot.

However I could not believe the service we got. Got in, sat for 5 mins waiter did not come to ask us for drinks or anything.

Ordered drink 5 mins in, it took about 7 more mins for our two drinks to come and it was only diet coke and root beer. I look around, it's mildly busy. So I shrug it off.

We order our food. Food was great. but when it was time to go she took a very long time to grab the obviously empty plates. After she got the empty plates we ask to bag certain items (bone for the dog). She took the plates and we were sitting there for about 10 minutes. Then she asked us if we were having desert, we said no. Then she leaves.

10 mins later we get the bill.

I put the card in the bill and I am waiting while I see her stop to chit chat. At this point I am annoyed. This person can stop to chit chat while we are waiting to go, whatever.

She grabs the bill no shit, 10 minutes after the bill was delivered. It took her another 10 minutes to process the bill.

Unbelievable.

I smiled at her, put a fat zero and walked out.

wow you have no patience

I have given very low tips when they really screw up my dinner and it was in their control. If its out of their control Id get the manager to deduct so I don't have to gip the waiter/waitress.

Just put a pile of about six to seven one's depending on how expensive your dinner was, and start removing them one by one every 3 minutes.

That will hopefully speed things up

wow you have no patience

I have given very low tips when they really screw up my dinner and it was in their control. If its out of their control Id get the manager to deduct so I don't have to gip the waiter/waitress.

I have no patience for chit chat. No sorry. I don't know what type of work ethic you were brought up in, but you obviously miss the ball.

Right, when it is out of their control I don't put it on the waiter. Screwing up an order is sometimes out of their control. Waiting for my bill to be processed for 20 mins is not. Sorry.

Sometimes no tip is warranted. I cannot speak to your individual experience, but this doesn't seem like one of those times.

Also, if the service is bad and the waiter is obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent, then instead of giving zero tip, I'd rather insult them by leaving 50 cents or some really low number as the tip.

Sometimes no tip is warranted. I cannot speak to your individual experience, but this doesn't seem like one of those times.

Also, if the service is bad and the waiter is obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent, then instead of giving zero tip, I'd rather insult them by leaving 50 cents or some really low number as the tip.

That's just trying to be an asshole. I have no problem confronting the waiter if they were obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole.

ever go to fenton's that place has horrible service sometimes

Yeah you're a faggot. I would have left a buck or two depending on how bad she really was. I used to be a waited and this is what we think.

$2 tip on $50 meal: "Man i should work a little harder"

$0 tip on any meal: "Those people are poor, assholes, or black. Possibly a combination of all three"

Yeah you're a faggot. I would have left a buck or two depending on how bad she really was. I used to be a waited and this is what we think.

$2 tip on $50 meal: "Man i should work a little harder"

$0 tip on any meal: "Those people are poor, assholes, or black. Possibly a combination of all three"

You obviously didn't work in a well-respected restaurant.

A 0 tip should signal in your head, wow what the fuck did I do wrong?

Instead of "OMG I AM THE BEST WAITER OUT DARE AND THIS IS BULLSHIT"

I have no patience for chit chat. No sorry. I don't know what type of work ethic you were brought up in, but you obviously miss the ball.

Right, when it is out of their control I don't put it on the waiter. Screwing up an order is sometimes out of their control. Waiting for my bill to be processed for 20 mins is not. Sorry.

right.

Maybe if you enjoyed the company you were with then you wouldn't get so "fussy" over a few minutes.

That's just trying to be an asshole. I have no problem confronting the waiter if they were obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole.
What are you going to say to a rude waiter? "Stop being rude!"?

They know they're being a bad waiter - they deserve an insulting tip.

XTasy said:
ever go to fenton's that place has horrible service sometimes
Yeah, I never tip too well there unless I get a nice waiter. Their ice cream is good, but I don't understand how it can take twenty minutes to give me a scoop of ice cream. It's not even as if I'm in a hurry to leave - just, for me, if I go there just to get ice cream, I don't want to spend hours there waiting.

Back