Flight/Space Sims

This seems to be a niche of games that's not very popular anymore, but I remember there were some very good, very fun games in the genre.

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions? I found my joystick and got it working, and kinda want to play these games again.

I know of/own:

Freespace 2
TIE-Fighter Collector's
X-Wing Collector's
X-Wing Alliance

Any other good ones out there that people recommend?

my favorite space sim is noctis

they just give you a spaceship and a universe to explore.

you can land on planets, zoom in close to suns, find binary systems, planets with dozens of moons, ruins from ancient civilizations...

it's a shame the graphics are utter shit, and the controls are all wonky. because the game itself is fucking awesome.

There was one on the PS and I forget what it was called.

You chose a ship, equipped it with some weapons and started accepting missions.

But.

You could carry on down a path whether you succeeded / failed any mission.

It was kind of a "choose your own career" type game... pretty expansive but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

GKFC said:
There was one on the PS and I forget what it was called.

You chose a ship, equipped it with some weapons and started accepting missions.

But.

You could carry on down a path whether you succeeded / failed any mission.

It was kind of a "choose your own career" type game... pretty expansive but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Oh!!! I remember that game... WTF was it called though?!?

Edit: It just came to me, Colony Wars.

Last edited:
again, for military type-space sim, with awesome gameplay (even today) get Wing commander III and IV

1 and 2 were OLD OLD OLD things with cartoons, if you can find a quick overview then do that, besides that get those, it has Mark Hammil (luke skywalker) as the main characer and Tom Wilson (Biff from Back to the future) as the crazy wingman. A+++ installing on friday to play again as soon as i buy a joystick that works. :)

Back