Flash Carts for GBA/DS

Whistler

Veteran X
Anybody do this?

I just bought a DS for my commutes, and I was wondering if anyone had a flash cart to back up their GBA/NES/whatever games

any suggestions on brands/compatibility?

:sunny:

no, no one uses flash carts. When you play online, Nintendo tracks you down and confiscates your DS. I've had it happen to me 11 times.

i got an 8gb microsd from meritline.com for $28 shipped

I bought 2 DSTTs from china. It does SDHC, has great reviews, and only costs $12 shipped. The downside is that one of the two i ordered was defective, so take that as you will. The 2nd one works great and is an amazing deal for $12. Hell, even $24

R4 is supposedly going to be releasing a version that is incompatible with off-brand units, including counterfeits. They're claiming that they will be able to brick them.

So I'd recommend going with R4 since you'll be using their software no matter which brand card you get.

Also, the SNES emulator for GBA is leaps and bounds better than the one for DS. So if you have the funds (and you care to play SNES), get one of those cards as well.

Also, the SNES emulator for GBA is leaps and bounds better than the one for DS. So if you have the funds (and you care to play SNES), get one of those cards as well.

yeah, i was thinking of the gba one, since its had more time to develop

any particular brand/vendor you prefer?

i think snes would be top priority, followed by nes and gba games

the best cards are ones that require no software, just drag and drop rom to card and play. i had one of these things for GBA it was like a giant card writer that failed after a few months, shitty quality. I heard R4 is the best for DS.

:psyduck:
Forget about the R4, they stopped releasing firmware.
Get yourself a CycloDS Revolution.
I previously owned a DSTT, and switch to the Cyclo a few months back.
Also you want to get an EZ Flash V 3-1 for slot2, which will add RAM for web browsing, rumble function, and GBA rom support.

:psyduck:
Forget about the R4, they stopped releasing firmware.
Get yourself a CycloDS Revolution.
I previously owned a DSTT, and switch to the Cyclo a few months back.
Also you want to get an EZ Flash V 3-1 for slot2, which will add RAM for web browsing, rumble function, and GBA rom support.

you take this shit wayy too seriously, i just want to play some Kirby

Back