Firetruce

friedmunky

Veteran X
first of all... is the multiplayer part of the game be incorporated into the story? Or is it just going to be there... I suppose this has sort of been covered in the previous games for example one can assume pubs are minor skirmishes among the "tribes of man" and ladder play are more important full scale battles???... but will there be a more detailed explaination this time around? I know there was a thread about this 6 months ago (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209618&highlight=firetruce) but nothing really came of it... what with the screenshots of maps which are obviously sports arenas, player numbers on the sides of the players arms and lots of talk of sports gametypes... I'm sure anyone who has read Tribesroleplayer thinks something like "the firetruce = sports gametypes"... so 6 months after the previous thread... has anything changed or are we still left to sit and wonder?

one other question... about the ecocidal weapon... I'm a fan of big explosions... will I get to see this or should I go watch the beginning of T3 again

The Tribes Vengeance story takes place before the First Firetruce. 3500-3580 is the date Thrax gave us yesterday. You can line that up against the Complete Universe Timeline to get a feel for what has and hasn't yet happened at that point.

But the short answer to your question is that while the multiplayer certainly echoes aspects of the actual universe it does not on the whole accurately reflect said universe. Thats what the Single Player portion is for.

The multiplayer will fit much more logically within the universe, though it won't be Firetruce. You'll see once we're closer to done.

No, we need to save that one. When Tribes has a movie, action figures, and rabid fanboys attending conventions to get shit autographed we can call that huge convention The Firetruce. Until then we'd just be diluting the power and unique flavor that the name could bring.

Back