fire's opinion on t1 and t2 players what do you think

allow me to rant

the majority of people can only see whats in front of them and not whats behind it. they see t1 LT and only see repetition. they don't see the unique plays and adjustments each player makes that goes into the grand scheme of the game and how it changes the outcome of each scenario.

an LO on top of dx base spots enemy capper attempting a pass to his home d with his teammate chaser and capper on his back. instead of helping get the return he camps and waits to see if they can get it themselves. flag gets returned/his team caps/he regrabs dj up the mid and suddenly you have a two cap swing. people wont see that. they will see some dude sitting in a base and then he grabs the returned flag. they will notice the 2 cap swing but not the thought process. so LT is boring/repetitive/no strats.

a game doesnt need vehicles and deployables to make it a thinking mans game. base strats are usually painfully obvious. but to me they are painful to play. you spend so much time repairing and deploying and defending gens..just so some1 has a rough time grabbing your flag. you face waves of offense usually a minute or so apart rather than a constant pressure being applied. it's boring to me. throw all of this on top of a dumbed down game and there is only so much fun to be had. 7v7 t2c feels like butter over 2 much bread. it is ridiculously offense favored and total hell to play.

t1 LT makes the other tribes games look stupid imo. anyone who can enjoy those games and defend those games has no idea what they are even saying. it is sad to see that nobody from other games(except fire) has the balls to give it a legit shot. I gave t2 a legit shot with fett and lix and we all became good players and won many games within a years time. we lost two matches overall in 7man both of them to SnH(darkstrand, projectile, meyog, tarzul, zprotoss, etc) and we had leads on some of the maps. I ended up joining two of the last 7 man teams to beat them (SCP and basically catch 22). This is equivalent to if proj had gave t1 a year to play and ended up joining elite hackers and starting. would ds/proj/tarzul have been able to join the LT ladder in 05 and form a team capable of putting up a lead on texas rangers? lol..no. no way in hell.

I hate reading the bullshit people type about tribes and what game is the best. I hate reading anything T:A related on tribes reddit. Now some dudes are making another tribes clone and supposedly it feels like t1. I'm excited for it but the chances of getting a game that plays anything like t1 LT are as slim as me.

ya i agree 100% again with stork

it fucks me up when we have these autistic kids like mabel saying t2 takes more strategy because they can organize a coordinated attack where everyone moves in at once to try for a lucky grab

where as in LT it's not the coordinated attack that matters its more about chaining the plays together and reading the momentum of the game

its even at the point now where i can typically see when the opposing team is going to have its own chain of grabs and attacks that will be more dominate than our teams

for the last 5 years its been a 3 wave system if teams are relatively balanced where one team ends up getting 3 really deep plays that will lead to caps for them and then it switches to the next one

its like reading the fucking stock market with Eliot asperg waves

in t2 u get none of these really abstract bigger picture patterns at all what the fuck

funniest shit aside from stork dominating t2 and rtcll in ta was fett and lix going to t2 and becoming legendary strategists over night 2 the point where fett is referenced as one of the best leaders in the game and most of the time he was just drunk and on auto pilot because none of the stuff they were putting into action was remotely as tough as t1 meta game

my darkstrand story is this

i like and sitll like all the scp guys they are good at their game no doubt

but snow and i went to arena in t2 and within a week of playing without interpolate we had beaten every arena team except the snap crackle pop guys

snow ended up beating hybrid in duels and he was not interpolating

we played all of our matches 2v3 with no interpolate except one

and when we did match against scp they just got in medium armor with shield pack and cg'd with polate which we didnt have but we took a few rounds from them anyway

when i read legends of arena threads by t2 players i can count off the people i beat in that month or so long period of time that are ranked best of the best players that snow and i wrecked

LT is quite dynamic, alot more than just 3 weapons which is just the surface of the game, it draws you into of the basics of the game and lets u rely on the most important parts of it, (mostly being the physics) and from there you go into, how many ppl are chasing me.. where are they? am i far away enough from them to switch weapons, how much energy does this chaser have left, this is all running through your head at any given time. The only thing i have to say about anni is its very odd, there are too many weapons, plain and simple, it takes too long to destroy things. and you can use small arms like sniper rifles with heavier armors that should just be for mortaring and missles IMHO. Shifter balanced this out very well, you could take out a base with some well placed shots and skiing (if youve evaded the enemy sniper and forward offense etc.) this was ok because you would have someone on your team dedicated to defense and putting it up as fast as it would be taken down, as was the sniper, mostly dedicated to sniping, you would have legitimate roles to play sort of like in LT, but once again anni is just all over the place

Last edited:
allow me to rant

I hate reading the bullshit people type about tribes and what game is the best. I hate reading anything T:A related on tribes reddit. Now some dudes are making another tribes clone and supposedly it feels like t1. I'm excited for it but the chances of getting a game that plays anything like t1 LT are as slim as me.

yep me too

also that fps z game is supposed to feel more like t2 than t1 and is being made as a t2 clone from what i heard

the best chance of a tribe game we had was the one andrew and opsayo were working on. i saw screenshots of it and it even LOOKED like t1 with better graphics

it fucked me up that that project stopped i would have put 20k into it instead of giving it to kate

also the /r/tribes forums are basically a ta circle jerk

its at the point where fixious even deleted my post swhere i said to fishstix he had the power to

-market t1 to be rereleased on steam
-capitalize on the market in china and south america where people dont have great computers and would totally play t1
-the game can be run on a fucking smart phone or raspberry pi which cost next to nothing to buy or make
- he could literally use his social standing to get the game to millions of new people but instead he doesnt and just yes mans for hirez games

and this post was deleted

like fuck i kno i write with minimal punctuation and call people mean names but how the fuck do you delete a post that advocates for fucking humanitarian charity what the fuck

LT is quite dynamic, alot more than just 3 weapons which is just the surface of the game, it draws you into of the basics of the game and lets u rely on the most important parts of it, (mostly being the physics) and from there you go into, how many ppl are chasing me.. where are they? am i far away enough from them to switch weapons, how much energy does this chaser have left, this is all running through your head at any given time. The only thing i have to say about anni is its very odd, there are too many weapons, plain and simple, it takes too long to destroy things. and you can use small arms like sniper rifles with heavier armors that should just be for mortaring and missles IMHO. Shifter balanced this out very well, you could take out a base with some well placed shots and skiing (if youve evaded the enemy sniper and forward offense etc.) this was ok because you would have someone on your team dedicated to defense and putting it up as fast as it would be taken down, as was the sniper, mostly dedicated to sniping, you would have legitimate roles to play sort of like in LT, but once again anni is just all over the place

i was basically the dutch of shifter and fett was the dutch of annihilation they are both good games played in competition but they play like a totally independent game of tribes base type gameplay

i played at TG's berserkers haven between like 06-09 in a clan called NK, it was a blast! we would do scrims every weekend and usually try to outsnipe eachother

yeah if u pllayed tg or x u r fucking scum sorry that was a pub mod the competition in it didn't even use droppers it was just sniper fest and you couldnt swear on those servers or you'd get banned by that fat trailer park whale woman athena

anyway
they literally built and tailored k around me and later it just became another version of v1g

and the competition in that game was actually real and had leagues and shit

I wouldn't say T2 has the better snipers either. I've seen some very talented snipers in this game. Things that people in T2 could never dream of.

T1 had a lot of sniper rifle use that wasn't just played as the position of sniper

4 example engineer in shifter or ren relied on sniping skills to clear people away to deploy defenses etc

i know many shifter players that were godly snipers that ended up going cal - i in cs back in the day some of whom still post on this forum

the best chance of a tribe game we had was the one andrew and opsayo were working on. i saw screenshots of it and it even LOOKED like t1 with better graphics

just here to say that raven andrew and altimor did everything and funding them would not be a waste of money. i have met raven irl and he is hardworking, professional, talented and passionate. same with altimor except i havent met him irl (altimor has done a lot of cool and highly technical things for tribes behind the scenes like his crash fixes and his forceplayersim plugin was really cool). i still save all the screenshots raven sends me because i think they are nice to look at. it is pretty much dead so i figure i am causing no harm in posting these. altimor was able to replicate the tribes 1 physics perfectly using andrew's physics so it feels exactly like t1 in the ue4 engine.

raven worked on these two mockups:
Screen%20Shot%202014-01-09%20at%205.40.14%20PM.png

HUD.png

i dont have anything to add to the thread because i dont know anything about the other tribes games.

Last edited:
there r better screenshots of it that basically show dx completely redone

i hate how all the tribes games other than t1 have smooth terrian

those bumps and crevasses and sharp spikes are integral for skiing
u can even ski up fucking walls in t1 if you kno how

i think a very important part of the tribes game that made its cool would be keeping the same weapon models that t1 has

t2 weapon models fuking suck for playing without a reticle or ma only chasing

i hate how all the tribes games other than t1 have smooth terrian

that's because they all switched to smooth ski. Smooth ski + jagged terrain = bad time. i prefer jumpski mainly for the reasons you listed, especially being able to ski up hills and buildings (pretty much any slanted surface).

Back