Firefly > BSG

Serle

Veteran XV
After watching both of these series I have come to this conclusion. I like the space/western fusion much more than a post-apocalyptic space journey for a new and inhabitable planet. I realize one is more of a drama and the other is action/comedy. That being said, it was a very close call because I enjoyed them both.

I haven't watched BSG, and I do really like Firefly. But this comparison is retarded. 4-5 seasons of 1 compared to half a season of another show and a movie where they kill off the two characters you care about the the most is really not a fair comparison. 1) you don't know if firefly would have actually been any good 3 seasons in, it may have become crap. 2) Easy to blow people away when you kill off characters for impact when you know there is no follow up to come.

I make the claim in reference to whole seasons and comparable seasons alike. The first 1.5 seasons of Firefly > the same of BSG.

Movies not factored into this comparison as the BSG movie has yet to come out.(Caprica doesn't count).

Last edited:
This comparison doesn't work all that great, these shows really aren't all that similar other than taking place mostly in space.

I just watched all of Firefly that's available on Hulu. I wouldn't say it's better than BSG. Both are enjoyable.

I make the claim in reference to whole seasons and comparable seasons alike. The first 1.5 seasons of Firefly > the same of BSG.

Movies not factored into this comparison as the BSG movie has yet to come out.(Caprica doesn't count).

Well for a start there wasn't 1.5 seasons. There was 1, and only 14 episodes at that. (i don't mind short series, but it was meant to be like 20 till it was cancelled?).

And I normally agree on movies. However, with the show cancelled, and the story continuing in movie form, the movie is part of the cannon IMO in a more meaningful way then 99% of spin off movies.

the last 2 seasons of BSG were boring as fuck

BSG season 1 was really good. Season 2 wasn't bad, but then season 3 took a nosedive and face planted. Season 4 ... well I haven't seen 4.5, but it seemed ok at best.

After watching the series and the movie I understand your stance. But I watched the movie first and that drew me into the series so the movie was more of a standalone at first, which is why I make that claim.

I watched the series first and thought the movie was amazing. I think they fit well together, though I can understand someone having issues with taking out characters.

This will blow your mind then.... I saw the movie first.

Then watched the series, then watched the movie again.

I've watched the movie several times, even on its own it is pretty awesome. Probably more so because the Alliance Agent guy is awesome.

BSG season 1 was really good. Season 2 wasn't bad, but then season 3 took a nosedive and face planted.

This, though season 4 was practically unwatchable. The miniseries was the best part of BSG. I would say season 1 of BSG and the miniseries are as good as firefly.

Back