Find the Wilhelm Screamer

Usher

Veteran X
You know the matrix thread got me thinking. The Wilhelm Scream has been in more movies than any other scream. He is the undisputed falling-off-ledges scream king. How hard do you suppose it would be to actually find this guy? It would be a hoot to actually send him an archive of all the movies he's been in over the last 50 years.

a few issues - most obscure voice actors live in present day and only record to put on a show, however he could be deceased making location as well as sending anything, pretty tough.

- also we'd have to be careful around contact, who know the guy might turn out to be a real prick and try and sue TW for copywrite or something.

I can't help but think it would be pretty funny to make contact with many sound designers' unofficial mascot though.

Just a random evening thought :)

the best example i can think of is one of the star wars movies when a stormtooper gets shot and falls of the ledge when luke shoots him. if thats the guy you mean that does the yell or scream.

edit: the "classic" scream is the one here.

Last edited:
The one thing this thread has going for it is originality. :rolleyes:

It would be a tough find, unless one of the TW detectives has any contacts in the film industry.

Back