Final Fantasy 4 to be remade into 3d.

blasphemy

But it is truth.

The magic draw system, the way they linked magic spells to armor... fucking brilliant. It made it so there was a real cost to using magic. The other games people just pulled out ultima on every random encounter because they could. by giving magic a finite cost overall, it made it more precious.

The storyline was also good. Mych better than the usual FF crap.

The graphics were amazing. the game came on the heels of FF7 but they ditched the stupid SD (super deformed) models to keep human shaped characters throughout the entire game.

The design was great. it was a bit more militaristic than the rest of the series and had elements of fascism to the enemy state.

in every way, FF8 was the best in the series.

My favorite FF ever. I must have played it through 20 times during my transition from pre-pubescence to full-on girl acknowledgment.

i have known this for weeks, but it is cool that there is a thread

it is my favorite final fantasy

while i like VI and VII a lot, they just don't appeal to me as much as IV, most other people will tell you IV is not as good as VI or VII, though

chrono trigger is def my favorite snes game, wish they would remake that

to be honest ff3 never really grabbed me that much

But it is truth.

The magic draw system, the way they linked magic spells to armor... fucking brilliant. It made it so there was a real cost to using magic. The other games people just pulled out ultima on every random encounter because they could. by giving magic a finite cost overall, it made it more precious.

The storyline was also good. Mych better than the usual FF crap.

The graphics were amazing. the game came on the heels of FF7 but they ditched the stupid SD (super deformed) models to keep human shaped characters throughout the entire game.

The design was great. it was a bit more militaristic than the rest of the series and had elements of fascism to the enemy state.

in every way, FF8 was the best in the series.

FF8 and FF9 are way underrated for some reason by almost everyone.

FF8 and FF9 are way underrated for some reason by almost everyone.

i like 9 a lot. and 8 was alright. but they weren't the best. i think most people want to compare them too much to the other FFs. they tried something different with 8 and to be honest it wasn't as good. i guess once you've played all of FFs up to that point you just feel like it wasn't up to par. if you look at it like it's own game however, it's pretty good. just not the best :p

i liked 9 because they brought back the castles and such. still seemed a bit futuristic, but it made it feel more like the old days of 2 and 3.

FF7 was clearly better than 8. The draw system is fucking retarded. "hmm, how can we make this game feel boring and irritating. I know, we will make them draw 99 spells everytime they come across a new spell." The plot was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A bunch of people come together and find out they were all in an orphanage together, and the witch they are trying to kill was actually the head mistress of said orphanage. WHAT THE FUCK?!?! And Squall is about the most boring main character ever. Cloud might have been a little on the emo side, but squall was lobotomized.

Nobody dies? is this a comparasion to 7? which is doenst deserver all the fervent fans it ges. Btw tellah dies and permanatly plus his daughter whatever her name was and the king and queen of that ninjaland or whatever.

Nobody dies? is this a comparasion to 7? which is doenst deserver all the fervent fans it ges. Btw tellah dies and permanatly plus his daughter whatever her name was and the king and queen of that ninjaland or whatever.

also the king of baron is dead at the beginning of the game and impersonated by that water dude but you don't know it til later

FF7 was clearly better than 8. The draw system is fucking retarded. "hmm, how can we make this game feel boring and irritating. I know, we will make them draw 99 spells everytime they come across a new spell." The plot was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A bunch of people come together and find out they were all in an orphanage together, and the witch they are trying to kill was actually the head mistress of said orphanage. WHAT THE FUCK?!?! And Squall is about the most boring main character ever. Cloud might have been a little on the emo side, but squall was lobotomized.

Pfha. the draw system was awesome. Mindless levelling is retarded in any game but using spells as a kind of currency that tied into armor and stats gave the game a kind of magic "economy" where use of spells had tangible costs to many things. it is better than chugging a potion to get more magic points.

The story was better than the average RPG. How many times can you fuckign save a princess. FFVIII had an original story that I hadn't seen before which made it very interesting and playable.

I also hate castles and medieval crap so the latest FF games have been great (sans FFIX)

Back