ff7

Mogs

Veteran XX
For one of the best games of all time, it is very boring. Does it ever become more fun or is it like this the whole game? The closest thing i've finished in jrpg style was mario rpg for snes

i gotta play it like its early 2000s

if u play with the expectations of games today ur gonna be bored as fuk

Its not acclaimed cuz it's a great game

If u wanna play a good old final fantasy play 6 or 9

i love old jrpgs, in the past two years i've played breath of fire 2, final fantasy (1), phantasy star iv, dragon quest 9, all for the first time and all of them were great

then i played chrono trigger and final fantasy 7 and holy crap are they boring and overrated

pathetically easy battle systems with painfully long animations that make every fight a cutscene with a win button, no interesting customization at all, and trite predictable stories that were ten years old in anime by the late 90s. ff7 also has an embarrassing translation that makes it impossible to take the story or characters seriously (not so much chrono trigger)

i love old jrpgs, in the past two years i've played breath of fire 2, final fantasy (1), phantasy star iv, dragon quest 9, all for the first time and all of them were great

then i played chrono trigger and final fantasy 7 and holy crap are they boring and overrated

pathetically easy battle systems with painfully long animations that make every fight a cutscene with a win button, no interesting customization at all, and trite predictable stories that were ten years old in anime by the late 90s. ff7 also has an embarrassing translation that makes it impossible to take the story or characters seriously (not so much chrono trigger)
F5 sounds like it's for you.

It has a pretty awesome job system, a working blue mage job, and the story isn't total cancer.

It was never released in NA because square makes bad decisions sometimes, but there's a pretty famous and available translated rom out there.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

yeah i've played most of them, my basic rule is odds are good evens are bad, 7 is where it breaks down

i got a ff5 repro cart for my buddy for his wedding a couple years ago, he was a big fan and that was the only one he'd never played

Who the fuck walks in here and says CT is overrated?

I disagree, good sir.

(I will say the SNES ports of Square's games on PS1 ARE shit due to the loading times in and out of every battle).

so you liked three but disliked six?

????????????????

uh yeah 3 is great, the job system is the best thing to ever come out of the series

6 is okay but like 7 it just feels like one long cutscene, no sense of adventure. i wouldn't call it overrated like chrono trigger; I get why people like it, but it isn't my cup of tea.

there are many more original and intelligent games going on on snes and genesis at that time, like ogre battle, shining force, and secret of mana. chrono trigger has been canonized because it is the safest and least offensive.

Back