female voices

The only two female singers I like are Stevie Nicks and the cunt from Heart.

I also like some Sarah McGlachlin or however her name is spelled.

oh, also.. Katie Noonan, now going solo, but this is from the band she was in with her brother, Ty (who's got a voice much like Jeff Buckley, himself) called "George".. from a few years back now, but amazing voice nonetheless.

oh, and it's an old blues song she's doing here, but she had a lot more fame from her part in the (now dissolved) band "Machine Gun Fellatio"... Infamous band here for there on-stage antics (such as her doing cartwheels naked across the stage at festivals).

Despite all that 'extra' stuff she puts into a show distracting from it, she has an incredible set of pipes.

Christa Hughes:

oh also, if you're a fan of an Aussie accent on girls:

Though she's not usually their 'main' vocalist. Very quirky band, lots of fun.

imogen heap

kate bush

laurie anderson

christina aguilera

heh, if you had sex with imogen heap you could txt your friends and be all like "Hey! I'm top of the Heap!"

also..

Very similar to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I guess.. Lots of energy on stage, they're a heap of fun (singer "Patience" is originally from the US, so no Aussie accents in this one, sorry folks.. though oddly she does talk with an Aussie accent..)

also:

Not sure I'm a fan of her as a blonde, or that getup... but it's a fun example of the energy they put out live.. she pretty much never stops.

Beth Hart, started listening to her after I heard her song on Slash's new album.
Like a new school Janis Joplin

Beth Hart, started listening to her after I heard her song on Slash's new album.
Like a new school Janis Joplin

I'm not hearing anything even vaguely resembling Janis Joplin in there. Joplin was raw.

She reminds me more of Anastasia. Heavy on the yelling and too much vibrato. No doubt she's got a strong voice there, but the style is really not to my taste. Quite the opposite.

If you want a 'Joplin' kinda voice, check out the Abbe May vid I posted previously, though there's a lot more distortion in there than you'd ever hear Janis use :)

Last edited:
Back