[Feedback] Points System

Top Gun

Veteran X
While we know the points system is pretty whack, what are your suggestions?

Of course fix the MA bug. But why not add decimal points?....it wouldn't be that confusing.

For example who should be rewarded the person who repairs your gen then goes off or the person who also repairs the invs, other base assets.

Like repairing an inv station could be like .1 or .25 of a point. While miniscule it would force players to keep bases up more often.

Likewise this could be applied to raping, where small assets could just be like .05 of a point, but none the less it is still rewarding the player.

Also killing someone could just be .5 so having someone who kills a flag carrier is much more important then just killing jo schmo who just spanwed outside his base.

My 2 cents.

But still people will always like being ahead of the point system. The purpose of it is to drive them to perform actions that are deemed worthy to the team by rewarding them with points. More then vets play this game...

yea lets add decimals..........................:rofl:

why not add fractions? like repair a gen you get 1 1/16th of a point, man that wouldnt be confusing at all, and it would be SO PRACTICAL

If it didn't work in T2, why would it work now?

And all the 'vets' were noobs on the original game that didn't have anything more than 1 point per kill for individual points. We're speaking from experience, not necessarily arrogance.

No just see points as a good way to draw people to be more benificial to the team at a learning stage. If I just load up this new game, and I get points for killing this, repairing this, then that's what I would do.

Then at the same time the newb who is getting points for doing important tasks is also helping the team, making for more exciting team play. While in fact the points not mean anything to most, I just don't see wrong with making a rewards system to help drive pub games.

The reward for repairing the base is having access to all the weapons. Always has been. Base repair points aren't going to make anyone go "Ooh! I get points for this! I'm gonna do this from now on!" any more than the huge point bonus you get for capping is gonna stop morons from trying to build sniper nests as far away from the main playing field as possible.

Back