federal taxes question: how long until check clears?

Frumpy Frampton

Contributor
Veteran X
I pay taxes, but this is only my second year paying (last year I efiled).

So tax day is the 15th and I'll mail my shit in on that day. Anybody know, or even have a ballpark, about how long it takes for the feds to cash my check?

you owe? nice.

/me shakes FF's hand

you sir, are on top of things financially... unless you owe a LOT, in which case, be careful or they'll penalize you. ;)

as for your question, i have absolutely no idea.

Checks are like cash after the last set of " deals " the government agreed to with the banks, etc, theres no more " float time ".

You better have the money to cover it in the account.

you owe? nice.

/me shakes FF's hand

you sir, are on top of things financially... unless you owe a LOT, in which case, be careful or they'll penalize you. ;)

as for your question, i have absolutely no idea.

Way to be a fucking ignorant chump. I owe money because I'm self-employed. I don't pay in taxes all year, so I pay it in a lump in April. Think before you start rattling your mouth.

Checks are like cash after the last set of " deals " the government agreed to with the banks, etc, theres no more " float time ".

You better have the money to cover it in the account.

And thank you for a real answer. I am planning my finances for the month and I just needed to know when to expect my account to be drained by the damn government.

holy shit I think you took invars comment wrong
if your self employed you should be paying estimated taxes quarterly
you don't have a REAL business do you

owing a little at the end of the year is a GOOD thing
it means you didn't over pay and give the government an interest free loan

Way to be a fucking ignorant chump. I owe money because I'm self-employed. I don't pay in taxes all year, so I pay it in a lump in April. Think before you start rattling your mouth.

wtf.... i was being nice and giving you a pat on the back. geez.

TrainWreck.jpg

Back