Favre will play in 2006

I wonder how this changes the draft. Green Bay was projected to pick a defensive player like Hawk or Ngata, but Favre might've asked them to pick an offensive player like Vernon Davis.

ReGuLaTEr said:
Thank god Favre's back, 8-8 season is much better than another 4-12 under Rogers

will you be any more confident in rogers after another year behind favre? if i were a packer fan i'd rather faver retire so we can figure out quick whether rogers has any potential or not. in my opinion the only difference between an 8-8 season and 4-12 in this case is that the 4-12 team has a better idea of where they need to build in the future and they have a better draft pick to start the process.

Rodgers needs to get seasoned a little more and the Packers need to establish their offensive weapons. Nothing worse for a new QB to be unsure of what he's going to be working with for his first couple of years. Favre needs to be there because the Javon situation is up in the air and the offensive line is being reformed.

That being said, I want to see Aaron mixed in a lot during the preseason - if not starting the first two games. If the Packers are getting blown out or are winning by a significant margin, Rodgers should be put in and he should run the offense like it was 0-0. None of this basic handoff shit. He's pretty green in terms of the NFL but quarterbacks that get two years on the bench usually come on strong. This is good for the future of the Pack.

Back