P Dan Haren, Oak SP
P Justin Verlander, Det SP
P Brad Penny, LAD SP DTD
Bench Michael Cuddyer, Min OF
Bench Raul Ibanez, Sea OF
Bench Edwin Encarnacion, Cin 3B
Bench Chris Capuano, Mil SP
Bench Shane Victorino, Phi OF

quite average in my opinion for a 10 team league, especially with your lack of RP

With that team and a league filled with people who left at least 3 opening day closers undrafted... you should be able to finish very well.

Yeah, giving up on a category will sometimes get you near the top of the league, but you probably can't win overall even if you lead every other category.

Actually, I dominated the last 10 person league I played from start to finish using that strategy. Nobody even came close to touching me in any of the categories I mentioned. I even won the steals category a few times just because I happened to have some guys who randomly got 3 steals in a week or something and would win 9-1 for the week.

Last year I played in a 12 person yahoo league and I had to have closers because you're pretty much reduced to fighting for absolute worthless scrub starters (like a 1.5 avg whip being the best pitcher available) on the waiver wire otherwise in leagues that big (had a lot of roster spots too). My offense still completely demolished everyone though. I definitely find myself preferring 10 team leagues.

I guess it depends if you know what you're doing and the typical fantasy sports luck with injuries. I've never had a problem with any of my baseball teams trailing off at the end because I constantly rotate players in and out of my roster.

10 team leagues are actually quite a bit different. With 10 teams, there should be a fairly good waiver wire out there. If you get an injury or need to fill a hole, there should be something out there.

With 12 teams, the wire is much more limited. In my current league, we added a corner and middle infielder position too, so good luck finding any kind of infielder on the wire now.

10 team leagues are actually quite a bit different. With 10 teams, there should be a fairly good waiver wire out there. If you get an injury or need to fill a hole, there should be something out there.

With 12 teams, the wire is much more limited. In my current league, we added a corner and middle infielder position too, so good luck finding any kind of infielder on the wire now.

yea...thats the problem in mine...10 team league w/ CI, MI AND Util (plus an OF spot to go with LF, RF, CF).

Ugh, I hate when people break up the specific OF spots. You should just have 3 OF and a Util. If you want more bats, go with another Util. I can never remember who plays where, and they switch all the time too.

Back