fail in making browser games a thing? make cheap electric cars instead!

narmF

Veteran X
K6A8Sqc.jpg

Before starting Arcimoto, Frohnmayer’s only experience in the automotive industry were a couple of summer internships at General Motors while studying computer science and electrical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. He also spent some time interning for an electronics company in Indianapolis but decided large engineering teams weren’t for him.

'I have seen a whole bunch of these three-wheel electric vehicles, but this happens to be the most clever version.' Tesla Co-Founder Marc Tarpenning

After graduation, he moved home to Eugene and landed a job at the video game company Dynamix before co-founding GarageGames in 2000. The team sold the company in 2007, and he started Archimoto with his cut of the sale.

The Key to Cheap Electric Cars? Ditch the Steering Wheel | WIRED

Froynmayer is a smart dude. I had never heard of thisthing but some other company in Eugene was prototyping an electric motorcycle and that thing was terrifying. Electric motors are amazing.

Can someone explain to these (and other) idiots that three wheels offers absolutely no advantages over four wheels and that a tricycle configuration is more dangerous? Who pays these fucks anyway? Where are they getting their money?

one wheel back isn't that bad. one wheel front is real bad though, especially when front wheel drive.

one less wheel is one less thing to drag/create friction, less weight, less parts, less money

its about weight and safety requirements. It is hard to make a budget vehicle with 4 wheels because it gets classified as a car/truck.

I agree with the skepticism though it is hard to imagine seeing these in any real numbers.

Can someone explain to these (and other) idiots that three wheels offers absolutely no advantages over four wheels and that a tricycle configuration is more dangerous? Who pays these fucks anyway? Where are they getting their money?

So your an expert in this area too? so you see no advantages whatsoever over 4 wheels? none at all? There are advantages to both and disadvantages to both, only a complete idiot would think otherwise. I think you should stick to penis talk where you are most knowledgeable.

Last edited:
70 mile range. :/ Can't do it unless work will let me hook up...

ya i didn't think so.

So your an expert in this area too? so you see no advantages whatsoever over 4 wheels? none at all?

Not to the user, no. It's much more dangerous, three wheels makes the whole setup unstable at road speeds, unless you're telling me this fucking thing is another yuppie plaything designed to be ridden in your gated community on a lazy Sunday? Three wheels also significantly reduces structural integrity, so if you get in a crash, good luck.

The 3 wheels makes it not a car and does not have the safety requirements that cars do. Its not a motorcycle either, no special license. In order to have a 4 wheel car like that with no safety stuff, you have a max speed of 25mph.

Can this vehicle be operated without a drivers license?

(Obviously any vehicle can be operated without a drivers license on private property, that's not what i mean)

Back