[Fable 2] Limited Edition gets fucked

Caswell

Veteran XX
So, I pay extra to get the LE of Fable 2. It's supposed to come with a DLC code for a bunch of stuff. I'm one of the lucky thousands that got fucked because MS forgot to put them in the box.

Xbox.com | Support - Fable II Support

That's all they'll say about it. Even after being escallated twice, they basically just recite the support page. No "we're sorry, have something free"...no nothing. Just oops...we'll fix it in a week. The armour/weapon you get is only even useful early game...so it will be pointless in a week. According to the date, they even knew about the problem before I picked up my game...so why wasn't I warned before purchase?

The place I bought it from is no help. Can't return it for a non-LE because they're sold out, and they just repeat "it's not our fault (or problem)".

Why is it that companies don't give a shit about customers anymore?

MS aside, why do you feel like its the store's responsibility to correct this issue?

Quit having unreasonable expectations. "I NEED SOMETHING FREE NOW THANKS! WHAT?! YOU CANT LET ME RETURN COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL?? THIS IS BULLSHIT MAN! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!?!?!"

MS is even fixing it in a week. Why is this unacceptable for you?

MS aside, why do you feel like its the store's responsibility to correct this issue?

Quit having unreasonable expectations. "I NEED SOMETHING FREE NOW THANKS! WHAT?! YOU CANT LET ME RETURN COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL?? THIS IS BULLSHIT MAN! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!?!?!"

Yeah just wait a fucking week to play. Dude needs to go outside.

or you could like start playing and fuck around killing everyone and play in a week with ur swordz of powa

The place I bought it from is no help. Can't return it for a non-LE because they're sold out, and they just repeat "it's not our fault (or problem)".

holy christ, its a conspiracy against you. MS hates you & they paid off ebgames to be dicks to you too!!!

You can probably beat the game in 10 hours. What's the point of an early weapon?

Apparently I'm out of line for paying extra for nothing.

I never blamed the retailer, just stated that they couldn't help.
I'm sick right now, so going outside fucking sucks.

It's not so much the timeline I'm mad about. Dispite "sounding" easy, I'm sure getting the codes to the right people (and not EVERYONE) isn't an easy thing. It's the fact that they act like it isn't a problem. Tech Support just keeps saying "keep checking Xbox.com".

If they said "keep checking Xbox.com, but go spend 1000 points for free while you're waiting"...I'd be happy.

I gotta disagree here - although I wouldn't personally give a shit about starting a video game on day one, I WOULD be pissy at MS or any other company that didn't deliver what I paid for. If I felt it necessary to pony up an extra ten bucks or whatever for the LE version, with the sole purpose of having that download come with my game, and then found it wasn't in the box - I'd be pissed. Especially if it's true that it's only a valuable download in the early stages of the game, and getting it out the door a week or two later basically makes it worthless - I'd be pissed.

Apparently I'm out of line for paying extra for nothing.

I never blamed the retailer, just stated that they couldn't help.
I'm sick right now, so going outside fucking sucks.

It's not so much the timeline I'm mad about. Dispite "sounding" easy, I'm sure getting the codes to the right people (and not EVERYONE) isn't an easy thing. It's the fact that they act like it isn't a problem. Tech Support just keeps saying "keep checking Xbox.com".

If they said "keep checking Xbox.com, but go spend 1000 points for free while you're waiting"...I'd be happy.

What do you expect people reading from a checklist to be able to do? There's clearly a problem that will get filtered through channels to management who will make a decision and it will filter back somehow. You can't expect that stuff to get fixed immediately.

So, I pay extra to get the LE of Fable 2. It's supposed to come with a DLC code for a bunch of stuff. I'm one of the lucky thousands that got fucked because MS forgot to put them in the box.

Xbox.com | Support - Fable II Support

That's all they'll say about it. Even after being escallated twice, they basically just recite the support page. No "we're sorry, have something free"...no nothing. Just oops...we'll fix it in a week. The armour/weapon you get is only even useful early game...so it will be pointless in a week. According to the date, they even knew about the problem before I picked up my game...so why wasn't I warned before purchase?

so basically you're crying over a video game not having a cereal toy inside?

wow

I'd be more pissed at myself for being duped into spending $10 on something that was only good for the first 30 minutes of a video game.

Sounds to me the answer you got from MS is "Shit, my bad. Sorry about that but we're currently working on fixing it and will have it fixed as soon as we can"

So if you bought a car, that came with a radio...and it didn't have a radio. You'd be ok if they told you they'd have the radio in a week?

I doubt this was even a "mistake". All the units missing the DLC code are also missing the 48 hour Live trial (and the sticker saying it has the trial inside). Either the boxes missed an entire step of the production line...or MS just ran out and said "fuck it". It is a little odd that even though it was release on the 21st, they knew on the 20th. No one did a midnight release, the problem is North America only, and they would have called bullshit until it happened a lot.

I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, even being a little orbital like consipiracy theorist...but I'm sick and pissed off.

sorry are we comparing the purchase of a car to a video game?

are we also comparing a radio to a digital sword?

:lol: wait a week... unless you're 5 years old and you really want to ride your tricycle this instant!

my new transformer toy needs batteries and no stores are open because it's xmas morning!

i'm going to kick and scream!

Back