extermely painful jaw popping

poof

Veteran X
anyone ever experience this before? I got punched last week in the jaw by a drunk person at a bar (I work as a bouncer) and didn't really notice anything until the last few days. in the middle of talking i suddenly heard this loud pop and had an extreme pain in my upper cheek/ear area. a buddy of mine heard the pop from across the room. now my jaw is clicking a little when i open my mouth wide. Any tw dentists or doctors have any clue whats going on?

I have to relocate my wind pipe occasionally. I dated a chick that could pop her jaw super loud, said some bitch punched her and its been like that ever since. :shrug:

you can push on the joints and work your jaw up and down to see if it keeps clicking.

probably should visit a dr that specializes in TMJ (or just ask your dentist)

Sounds like you are talking about where the skull meets the jawbone. I'd definitely get it checked out because TMJ sucks and you don't want to deal with that area healing up wrong.

You should probably get spikes grafted to your bone so the next asshole who tries to punch you gets a lovely surprise.

Sidenote: if you choose not to see help then be serious about letting it rest AMAP and do a little hot/cold relief on it. The last thing you want to do is make it worse, trust me.

I had this happen to me in college. It continually got worse until one day the jaw locked up. You can try 3 ibuprophin which should relax the muscles and may reduce the clicking. Avoid chewy foods (pizza crust/bagels/gum/etc). And as said above, get it checked out.

Every once and a while, I'll get the occasional tightness, but the advil clears it up. I haven't had much issue since and my dentist has never seen much evidence of TMJ.

I have this

You should focus on daily stretching of your jaw (look it up). Talk to your doctor. Not much you can do to 'cure' it. Its really not that bad.

my jaw used to be out of place jsut about every morning, it was the left side of my face right next to my ear.

Eventually it would pop and be ok. Didn't really hurt though. went away after about 6 months

poof,
2 octobers ago i faceplanted into the concrete at like 15mph off of my bike. cracked a mandible pretty bad. opted not to get my jaw wired shut, although the docs insisted. now i have a jaw that pops regularly, occasionally is sore (especially in bitter cold) and has once locked up on me causing extreme pain while play fighting w/ my girlfriend. i have a sneaking suspicion that it caused my lower jaw to move in just slightly as well.

fuck this shit. get it checked out dude.

Back