Exhaust on my z

My bud had the Borla exhaust on his 350 and it sounded (and looked) way better than that.

Is it just a catback or do you have a full exhaust? I'd say you're running catless or you just have the shittiest tuner judging by your unburned fuel being dumped into your exhaust.

Did you bother to change the headers? Is the engine turboed? Not much point otherwise.

Edit: Looks to me like just a couple resonators on the end of the standard exhaust pipe. Zero performance increase.

Some fuckwit was rabbiting on at me the other day about how I need to get a catback 3" single on my Soarer. It has a dual catback 2.5" system and it's a 2.5L TT. He couldn't get the whole 2 x 2.5 = 5 thing.

People are fuckwits anyway, the number of Skyline GTS-T owners I see spending up big on turbo back systems with the standard turbo and losing their backpressure makes me piss myself laughing.

My brother is one of them. "AW Fuck! Where'd all my bottom end go!?!?!" :lol:

Sounds good to me, but I think any type of "dual exhaust" on anything other than an 8 cylinder is fucking retarded (and only adds weight, no performance).

And for fuck sakes, get that smoke checked out. Definitely burning fuel or somethin. yeesh.

Z's are nice, im actually thinking about buying one...i need credit before i can get a loan though...hooray for me not getting a credit card ever and having 0 credit.

Same thing happened to me. No credit cards/etc, no credit. When I got my car I just got a co-signer.

yeah, id get a cosigner, except that i have nobody that would cosign for me, my parents have barely agreed to cosign my student loan...there is no way in hell they'd cosign for a car.

Sounds good to me, but I think any type of "dual exhaust" on anything other than an 8 cylinder is fucking retarded (and only adds weight, no performance).

And for fuck sakes, get that smoke checked out. Definitely burning fuel or somethin. yeesh.

Yeah the stock setup on the Z is probably as good as most off the shelf systems designed for street use, so by getting a new exhaust for this car he's probably just added weight so he can have a cool sounding car. I think that's probably what you're getting at. As for the dual/single argument, it really depends on what you're trying to do.

These exhaust makers market dual systems becuase they know it sells them... it's part of the car culture in this country to have performance items on your car that are generally synonymous (sp?) with V8 power tricks... just my opinion...

it's a symptom of the entire car tuning culture also to think that you need to change every factory part because the aftermarket is better. It's a sad myth and you can save yourself a lot of money in the long run if you learn as much as you can about your car from the right people...

Back