Excellent NOVA science show about a family that never started walking upright

Phoenix

Veteran X
This show was fantastic. It's about this family in Turkey where 5 siblings walk on all fours; it is excellently conceived, produced and narrated. The scientific focus is on the genetic evolution of distinctly human traits like speech, bipedalism and brainsize, and there is also a remarkable story about the human condition. I speak Turkish so it was particularly poignant to me. If you like science, I suggest you catch it sometime. You can enter your zipcode here and search for "fours" to see when it will play in your area. The next viewing here is tomorrow at 11pm. Or you can get it in whatever way you procure your tv.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/allfours/

The last minute of it was truly touching.

I saw that on PBS tonight. Was very interesting.
I doubt any of our resident creationists tuned in, as a lot of the genetic findings were just several more proofs of the relationship between natural selection and consanguinity were so lucidly covered.

so wait, a muslim town is so backwards that they have devolved to walking on all fours??

gooo islaaaaam! allaahu akbaar!

heh, apparently a lot of conservatives pointed it out as an example of a hole in evolution, until it was discovered that the parents were (gasp) 1st cousins.
The social aspects of it were almost as interesting as the scientific ones.

Nova is BY FAR the best show on television.

The little intro they always do, the part that's played at the end of that preview, gives me goosebumps every single time I see it :lol:

Back