evolution is bullshit

Iason said:
the ocean is awesome :D
i woud love to be a marine biologist ... but i'm not a save the whales kind of guy... i'd just like to scuba dive for hours studying and observing shit.

I think it'd be awesome to be an oceanologist

I've a couple of books on sailing/underwater adventures/deep sea creatures/etc and I love the water.

Do you realize the ocean is so huge and vast that it's very likely there are countless species we havn't catalouged with extremly unique habits?

Like globsters... giant mounds of bio goo that washed up on shores in the south west pacific. Nobody knows what the hell they were, and they still don't.

Iason said:
the ocean is awesome :D

I agree, Iason.

Howard_Ozzie_wright.jpg

...ride into the sun...

You seem like a curious guy Iason, too bad you don't believe in the scientific method :( It helps with the curiosity thing.

I was thinking I would go look up theories on how eyes evolved to post them, but then I thought, why can't Iason do that himself?

There are a number of models for how eyes developed, and how different styles of eyes have developed in different classes of species. The style of eye that humans use is actually prevalent all over and is prevalent because of how useful it is.

The evolutionary steps ARE out there; I read them once. How lightsensitive cells slowly combine with protective materials to create a lens-retina system. In fact the eye is actually one of the best documented evolutionary tools because it's so common in nature.

If you're curious, look it up. The real explanation is so much more rewarding than the theological one.

Ok i'll try :)

By the way:

"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?"
-Richard Feynman

As for evolving eyes, a scientist explained one predominant theory well.

For a vision receptor (rods and cones in the retina for example) you need many proteins working together in a precise order for it to work. This happening at once is highly unlikely. However, if an organism has several subsystems, like a flagellum or cilia, that have a certain smaller number of proteins working together and other smaller systems like that, it's not a big stretch for them to randomly co-opt. By chance two sets of proteins that are already ordered up can join to form the long chain for a more complex component like parts of an eye to form.

Even though eyes are amazing, I still don't see how that's more of a stretch than "God put dinosaur bones under the earth just to fool us into thinking the Earth's older than 6,000 years old or some shit." See, I may be as ignorant of the other side as you are of evolution, but I don't give a damn so stfu.

MinasTirithGuard said:
God put dinosaur bones under the earth just to fool us into thinking the Earth's older than 6,000 years old

:lol: funniest shit I've read all night.

Forensic said:
Ok i'll try :)

By the way:

"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?"
-Richard Feynman

shut up

Iason said:
can a biology major explain to me how an eyeball evolves

my uncle is an optomitrist and i've learned quiet about about eyeballs just looking at posters he has, i (seriously) don't understand how biological matter can just come into form like that on its own when anything but a major step produces errors.

and stuff like the parasitic relationships in the ecosystem... how do species co-evolve so that their basic needs intertwine?

and what about deep sea anglerfish?

how does a species evolve into a functionary state like this?

or uber smart zombie barnacles?

frankly i don't understand how stuff like that just grows into place. but perhaps someone smarter than me can explain how a simple organism develops into a very specific and set role without serious error in replication and so fast that it does not become extinct.

Shouldn't we see many more extinct "useless" species that didn't make it in time?

How does a cell eventualy decide it needs kidneys?

thats like saying "htf does e=mc^2? its witchcraft!" when the sum of your knowledge is "1+1=2"

Back