Everybody Download Particle Illusion...

and here i thought void was using 3d max. :lol:
Well, at least it gave me a bit of learning experience with max. (you guys seem to like the outcome) ;)

p-illusion is just too damned easy. I almost feel guilty using it.

SarcaStick said:
p-illusion is just too damned easy. I almost feel guilty using it.

dont feel guilty man! just make some superkickass explosions now! it's totally adding to my tribes high when i play. (omg cant believe i just called it that)

Yogi said:
We still need a script that randomly selects a disc skin when it explodes so you can use more than one ;)

You know...heh speaking of that, I never did get around to PMing people regarding scripting and Tribes textures.

I wanted to be able to texture each map according to my tastes.

For example, xxxx.bmp texture was used in 4 maps, but I only wanted to use it in 1 map. Now, what I was going to request(if possible), would be a script that would flush texture etc etc on map restarts, and look into a specific folder to acquire the textures that be needed.

like txtr_Dx folder, txtr_RD folder blah blah etc etc.

I didn't know if it was possible, and I never got around to PMing people, but that Is what I first wanted to do as far as texturing went for Tribes.

Had that been possible (i still dont know if it is or isnt) the textures I would have made/swaped/redone would have blown you guys away.

*sigh* oh well..

Yogi said:
We still need a script that randomly selects a disc skin when it explodes so you can use more than one ;)

i'm getting to that point, too, so many good releases recently. the problem is they probably would be confusing all together

and all my explosions are color coordinated as well, so i can tell what is being fired where. (just one more way for me to get above you mofos ;))

Pachacutec: I happen to like that explosion as well, and will most likely be making some similar ones in the future. I'll start with grenade launcher.

Last edited:
SarcaStick: I used maya at first, releasing the grenade explosions from that... but particle illusion is much easier and has most of the options any 3d program does as far as particle systems. I have made quite a few explosions that I havent released though, because I like to experiment until I have gotten an explosion that I feel is good enough to release. Particle illusion doesn't make me feel like I am cheating, because as I begin to stray further and further from the default list, the explosions that I create become more and more unique, and also more difficult to make (if that is what you are going for).

Oh and Experience in 3D is definately always worth the time in my book. You will almost certainly be glad you used it in the future. :)

Last edited:
I thought Sarcastic was using the Particle proggy.... thats why I asked Sar if he had a crack "some other moron wanted to ban me for helping the t2 community out"

Anyhow, find a crack....I sure will..... post a request on astalavista.box.sk and see if they can do it... hehe...

Someone should buy it and share it! yes.... hehe, or we should all pitch in and send a copy to those who pitched in.... thats a better idea.....

Void, you using Maya 4.5 Unlimited?
How far along do you think I would get in Maya compared to 3D Max?

Have you ever used both of them?

I'm just curious because this stuff is badass. I love the 3d stuff. I can take things and render them in my 2nd love, which is Flash.

Unf Unf

Man...I feel like i'm actually on overload with all the stuff that's been going on and the learning etc etc etc.

Yes I have used both.

Maya in my oppinion is both more powerful and more intuitive than max. I have not learned everything either program can do though so do not take this oppinion as an end-all.

The version of maya I use is 4.0 I believe.

You could get very far along in either. I would go with max if you want to concentrate on game modeling... and maya if you want to go with image/movie creation. Just my humble oppinion.

Cloth and Fur effects in maya rock by the way. And I hear 4.5's Fluid effects rock as well, though I haven't used it.

Back