EVE Recruitment thread in GD, help keep it afloat

http://sov.eve-dev.net/latest.php

A link to the sov. map is always a neat thing to show people. Can be fascinating to look at, even if you have no idea what you're really looking at.

Plus, it might help you tell new recruits where abouts to go to be near FREEE, if that is where you are trying to recruit them to.

P.S. - Sov 4 in OE- ! Go Razor !

Hello, no promises, but I am downloading it. Never tried it before. Does it support flight yoke for flying around in * * * outer space * * *? What's first thing I should do once its installed?

Hello, no promises, but I am downloading it. Never tried it before. Does it support flight yoke for flying around in * * * outer space * * *? What's first thing I should do once its installed?
I'd suggest you create an account and log in.

And no, you don't use a joystick, just the mouse.

It's more Homeworld than it is Wing Commander. You control your ship in third person, not from the cockpit.

Mmmm. I wanted to zoom around and blast some Kilrathis with my mass drivers. Maybe torpedo a capital ship. I'll still give it a shot though. And, uh, once I create an account and get in the game what do I do? Should I immediately attempt to hook up with one of you guys to give me the newbie run through, or do in-game tutorials?

The tutorial is a decent start. It's not great, but it helps you learn the interface. After you complete that, join "Tribalwar" by clicking the "Channels & Mailing Lists" button on the left of your screen, and clicking the "Create/Join" button at the top of the window.

The tutorial is pretty slick nowadays. It'll lead you throw everything + start you out on combat missions.

Do a bunch of missions initially to get a feel for the mechanics of combat. If its for you, do some more. We'll organize PVP outtings with whoever is around after a few days, maybe sooner.

hanibal, you make reference to starting with 'frigate 4 if you followed my guide' in one of your stickies, but I can't find that guide.

Im d/ling game tried it before and couldn't get into it but was like over a year ago hoping it's more friendly this time. Anything I need to know right off the bat?

Gave it a bump and some good words. Joined the tribalwar chan the other day but it was like 2 guys in there, so I didn't stick around.

Hope you guys get a few, always cool to see the opportunity for new players to join the game right to 0.0 and bypass alot of the bullshit.

edit: best part about eve threads are that they're a honey pot for trolls

Last edited:
i'm about to get steamrolled with work, so i probably won't be on much or at all to help any of these new folk.

I actually contemplated returning a short while ago. It wasn't until the "Orange Box" came out that my gaming needs started calling. TF2 is fun, but I think I'm ready to come back to Eve.

The only problem is that I dunno if it's worth starting up my old character...btw, still stuck in Fade (DOH!!) or if I should just create a new one. The big thing would be how fast I could train to T2 via a new char vs training up the old one...I wasn't far off, but I have no idea how much I had left to go.

Sucks that I can't view my current SP with a deactivated account.

Back