ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

if only u let the actual active tribes players beta test it

Its an open download you twat. Stop posting this.

Better experience, as in, less douche bags to deal with ... since no one plays it?

Funny, but no. I will assume this is a legit question. I guess you could say I see the potential. I would have thought "T1/T2c with Better Gfx" would not appeal to me, but this mod actually does. It looks great, and i already like the feel of it even though it needs polish, and a whole bunch more stuff to approximate the tribes experience. I will help beta it, and enjoy playing it with as many or few people play it. If the team decides to stick around and it keeps progressing I will do everything I can to help.

Funny, but no. I will assume this is a legit question. I guess you could say I see the potential. I would have thought "T1/T2c with Better Gfx" would not appeal to me, but this mod actually does. It looks great, and i already like the feel of it even though it needs polish, and a whole bunch more stuff to approximate the tribes experience. I will help beta it, and enjoy playing it with as many or few people play it. If the team decides to stick around and it keeps progressing I will do everything I can to help.

It's not really T1 or T2 with better GFX though. It's a decent effort, but it comes no where near replicating the Tribes experience. That's just my opinion, and I think what they have is decent, especially the art, but it's too little way too late.

Legends came much closer to reproducing the Tribes experience.

I agree it has a long way to go. As long as it has a team willing to continue to shape it, it has potential. I tried Legends, and would agree it feels closer to t1, but i like what this has more than legends already, and it is still being modified. I'm not predicting anything, but I can appreciate what theyve done/are doing.

but it comes no where near replicating the Tribes experience.

but it's too little way too late.

Legends came much closer to reproducing the Tribes experience.

I agree with NoFix here. The bottom line is that it took way too long. It's too late. Way too late. I had all but forgot this was still being developed at all. How's the Ass... project going? I like to check in every few years and look at all the progress that has been made. lol!

I still feel the love here. Keep it coming guys! :finger:

I agree with NoFix here. The bottom line is that it took way too long. It's too late. Way too late. I had all but forgot this was still being developed at all. How's the Ass... project going? I like to check in every few years and look at all the progress that has been made. lol!

What cave have you been hiding in? Asscension has closed shop and released what they had.

What cave have you been hiding in? Asscension has closed shop and released what they had.

Like I said... I enjoy coming back every few years and see all the progress that's been made. That's too bad Asscencion closed shop. :( They had so much potential! ;)

Yeah it was probably released a little bit late but the team who was working on this was still pretty small. I looked for help here and there to speed up the development, but in general most of the Tribes modding community has pretty much dried up and there just isn't anyone who's really willing to put in the work to make something like this happen.

It was pretty clear a long while ago that I had to really trim back what was going into this project if it was ever going to be finished. That's precisely why you only get 3 weapons, no additional armor classes, and just a few maps. My overall goal was to release something that was playable and had potential. The key word is potential, because while I realize a lot of things are rough around the edges, it's in no way perfect. There are some limitations on how far I'm willing to bring this project, and if it's ever going to have more depth and polish to it, it's going to take a push from the community and a whole other group of people are going to put in the work to expand on what I've already put together.

At least the artwork and levels look good though, and that's really where I've had most of my impact. It's just a shame that there really hasn't been as much effort invested in the programming, and that's just one thing that isn't my area of expertise.

You didn't need coding help back in 2007. All I ever heard about was the "art".

There were other people who were responsible for those aspects. They were talented and got the project off to a straight start, but to be honest... they didn't want to work with you.

They actually put together a pretty solid body of work, but they were a bit too tied up in later stages of the project. As a result, we have a lot of systems which are nearly there, but aren't quite finished. If you want to look at the project source, it'll probably be released in a week or two along with all of the other game media.

but to be honest... they didn't want to work with you.

To be honest, I never had contact with anyone about the project so you're obviously full of shit. I really don't understand why you would pull that out of your ass but you certainly did!

To be honest, I never had contact with anyone about the project so you're obviously full of shit. I really don't understand why you would pull that out of your ass but you certainly did!

^^ reason they didn't want to work with you.

You're a bit special aren't you? I never offered help. I never had contact with anyone about the project. I never expressed any desire to be involved. I never even played QW:ET beyond a little in the beta. I NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OTHER THAN READING A THREAD OR TWO ABOUT IT. How you somehow decide that people didn't want to "work" with me when it was never mentioned or considered is a bit puzzling. Perhaps you're thinking of someone else.

Back