Error installing T:V - What does this mean?

SterIO

Veteran XX
I get this when I start to install. I know my drive is fine, it works with any other cd, and the TV cd is straight from the jacket to the drive, no scratches, it's perfect. First I get this error.

error1.jpg

If I click "Retry" I get it again, if I click "Cancel" I get this one:

error2.jpg

I've researched this error on microsoft's website and none of the resolution suggestions seem to apply. Anyone else get this? What does it mean? Helpz!

Make sure to use your master drive if you have like CD/DVD on same IDE channel. Don't ask me why, I just seem to recall this from somewhere before.

i also had a problem, though it was initializing the setup program :
error14.jpg

IT'S T:V'S FIRST UE!!! THE APOCOLYPSE IS NIGH!

ROFL, i fixed it. it was a little teeny smudge, barely visible on the outer ring. man, the tribes curse hates me.

The OP looks like he's having SecuROM issues...

If that should be the case;

If you've got another CD drive in your machine, try using that.
If not, try updating the firmware for the drive.
If no good after that, remove any burning ripping, or virtual drive, applications you might have.
If THAT doesn't work... yer boned. You'll have to by a new CD-ROM.

I'm still getting the same error. The good news is that I now have my cd key memorized and can type it very quickly.

I performed a windows update, checked my cd carefully for imperfections, and found a VERY small scratch on the outer edge, I can't image that this would be causing the problem, but maybe, however the cd came like this I swear and if I don't fix this I'll exchange it tomorrow.

I went through all of the steps outlined for resolution of this error:

-there are 11.9 gigs of free space on the drive I'm installing to

-I cleaned the temp directories for each account on my pc

-I closed all applications running in the background, including a lot of stuff that shouldn't matter such as some powertoys then rebooted.

-I'm running XP and while my account is in the administrator group and has full access to the drive I'm installing on, I logged in with Administrator several times to try it.

-I ran the microsoft windows installer cleanup utility and removed the only thing that was remotely close to TV -- unreal speedtree demo

-I uninstalled Alcohol 120% in the case that this is a copy protection issue and it didn't like that

-I've tried maybe 20 times to install and still get the same error, maybe I'm a moron, but I've never had this much trouble installing anything ever.

I'm going to try installing another cd drive, but this one works fine for everything else.

:lol: sucks to be you cort! See what you get for playing with projectile and trem_r! ;)

That does suck though...it might be the cd...go exchange it. I can try zipping up the install disc and sending it to you tomorrow if you still dont get it working.

Back