Emailing from Folders

-K-Crypt

Veteran XX
I reformatted a system awhile back and the customer called me recently wanting to know why she can't email pictures from the folder anymore. Going to the folder, you click on "send this file" and it used to come up with outlook express. Now it comes up asking which profile to use, and when you configure it trys to use microsoft exchange. Exchange has not been on the system. Outlook express is set as the default email program, they moved to another state so going over there myself isn't an option. Any ideas?

Have her setup a temporary MSN Messenger account, or a permanent one given the circumstances, setup one yourself if you don't have one, and have her use the Request Remote Assistance feature.

You can remotely control her machine this way.

Edit: As far as the problem, it sounds like you need to go into Internet Explorer, and reset all of the defaults to everything, there is an option in there to specify which program responds when attempting to open various internet applications.

It may not be the problem, but it'd be worth a look as it's quick to check.

Last edited:
Yea had her reset the settings, go into folder options and check file types such as url:mailto, along with a few other places, all say oe is the default. Btw she is on dialup, making it very very annoying to do any remote work but I'm probably gonna have to write her a quick tutorial on resizing pics, which is why she likes the feature so much, and have her send them like normal people.

Back