Electrical engineers explain this transformer concept:

wetwillabee

Veteran XV
I hooked up a transformer with a 600 delta primary, 480Y secondary. I thought that it was delta-delta so I left off the x0. I read around 236V (line to ground) on x1, x2, and x3. Once I realized and grounded the x0, I properly read 277.

Can you explain to me, with diagrams if possible, why connecting the center point gave me my extra 40 or so volts?

connect x1 to your right nipple, x2 to your left, stick x3 in your ass, and ground X0 to your cock, then tell us what the reading is please.

if you werent connected to ground then how were you making a measurement with respect to ground? did you measure line-to-line and convert it? also, was it an open circuit?

if you werent connected to ground then how were you making a measurement with respect to ground? did you measure line-to-line and convert it? also, was it an open circuit?

what do you do man? i see chime in on alot of technical talk, but haven't read what you do.. seem pretty smart and know alot bout engineering.

In my ignorant youth I decided to build my own power supply for my ZX81 computer.

I took the outputs of a 12.6 V center tapped tranny and used one side for +5V, the other side for -5V, and tried to use the outer leads for +12, all with a common ground.

There are easier ways to build a fuse tester.

Back