EJ 10-mans Onyxia

fraidykat said:
it's sitting on Gurgthock's HD at a whopping 31 gigs right now. He said he'll try to have it up by the weekend (he's busy with work etc).

dude, word of this is all over the place... yall need to post a vid :D

PS is there a new link for screens?

Last edited:
fraidykat said:
any particular reason?

stage 2 would be freakin impossible. first of all, you need to keep all 16 debuff slots full, or else she will deep breath multiple times..

deep breath is avoidable, yes, but there are also a shitload of whelps in stage 2 which can cause major problems for only 10 people

stage 3 is also hard, especially for healers, when you are constantly getting feared and hit by lava.

finally, the DPS of only 10 people on Onyxia, with only 4 healers, would take FOREVER. something is bound to go wrong, executed perfectly i still don't see how it would be possible.

idk maybe it is possible, i could just be stupid

bud said:
stage 2 would be freakin impossible. first of all, you need to keep all 16 debuff slots full, or else she will deep breath multiple times..

deep breath is avoidable, yes, but there are also a shitload of whelps in stage 2 which can cause major problems for only 10 people

stage 3 is also hard, especially for healers, when you are constantly getting feared and hit by lava.

finally, the DPS of only 10 people on Onyxia, with only 4 healers, would take FOREVER. something is bound to go wrong, executed perfectly i still don't see how it would be possible.

idk maybe it is possible, i could just be stupid

From the general forums thread:

I'll be trying to get a largely-unedited fraps of this hosted by the weekend.

Phase 1 took exactly 7 minutes.
Phase 2 took exactly 19 minutes.
Phase 3 took around 9 minutes.

The video is long, so be warned. :p

As people have speculated, phase 2 was by far the hardest, but also the most technical. Dozens and dozens of whelps with a bare minimum of DPS, lots of moving around, and over 10 Deep Breaths (one death). Phase 3 was a bit annoying towards the end, as healing aggro started to become a very real problem.

The people I was with really executed wonderfully, as there's no margin for error at all with so few people. Staying at the top of your game for 39 continuous minutes is no joke. But ultimately, I see this as some measure of proof that itemization is not completely garbage, and that our characters do in fact grow stronger over time. As they should.

Also, keep in mind that these are some of the best-equipped people in the game. With a flask, one of the priests has almost 9.4k mana and a pretty sick regen rate

Last edited:
Back