[E3] What the hell was Sega's big announcement?

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
Wasn't Sega supposed to have some huge, jaw-dropping press conference today?

Where the fuck is this big news of theirs?

MST3K-rules said:
What a boring, pathetic announcement.

That isn't even close to interesting.

i concur. i wish they had announced they were making a new Sonic side-scrolling game for all platforms (or at least Gamecube).

Doaln said:
i concur. i wish they had announced they were making a new Sonic side-scrolling game for all platforms (or at least Gamecube).

Yeah, that would kick ass. I bet they could make an absolutely beautiful side-scroller with today's technology.

MST3K-rules said:
Yeah, that would kick ass. I bet they could make an absolutely beautiful side-scroller with today's technology.
it'd also be very quick & easy to develop (relative to other titles) so they could market it at a $20-30 price tag which would be very reasonable.

edit:

a side scroller for GBA would be perfect, but i don't own gba.

Got Haggis? said:
i thought i read that the new sonic side scroller is coming out for nintendos new portable machine?
you probably read that there was a Sonic tech demo running on Nintendo's DS. all it did was show off the stylus/touch screen feature of DS. it wasn't a real playable game or anything. it's like the Zelda tech demo of Link fighting Ganon that was used to showcase Gamecube for the first time. it may or may not actually become a game. probably will though.

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/513/513168p1.html

also note that IGN did throw up a generically named game called "Sonic DS" under Nintendo DS though

But I'd really rather have it on the console. THey can't do anything they couldn't do before on the GBA as a side-scroller, but on these modern consoles they could make huge, beautiful side-scrollers.

MST3K-rules said:
But I'd really rather have it on the console. THey can't do anything they couldn't do before on the GBA as a side-scroller, but on these modern consoles they could make huge, beautiful side-scrollers.
true, but i have this feeling they just WON'T. i'd honestly be happy if they just took the Sonic 3 & Knuckles engine and just made a new game off it.

Back