DSLR Cameras (is this a good deal?)

im a digital kinda guy, and i think anyone that can just 'write off' flim needs to be hit by the fucktard bus.

Newegg.com - Canon Rebel XTI Black 10.1 MP Digital Camera w/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 22.2 x 14.8mm CMOS w/Self Cleaning Function 2.5" 230K LCD Depends On Lens Optical Zoom - Retail

what i got. then got a $15 2GB card. just about the same price as what u got without a bunch of gimmick extra crap.

i still plan on spending ~$100 for a remote and tripod, but i have yet to actually need it.

if she is planning to do some sort of professional level photography, i say save your money and get a film SLR. you can get a digital one in a month or two, and b/c its a nice hands on thing to learn about developing for anyone in that field for doing it professionally.

Last edited:
i dont have time to do real photography. i just use the camera for textures and source photos (for school). does the job, along with more when i have time.

nothing, i gave suggestions as a photo enthusiast and owned of a DSLR

thats when mafo started calling everyone idiots and telliing us all how his wife knows more about photography than we ever will. The guy is a prick

photo teachers are just guys who couldn't cut it anyways

so they take pictures of hobos and brick walls and call it high art

you're an idiot!!!!!

actually you arent, i just wanted to give you a little warning of the response coming for your input.

No u. We need to make a SD Hooters get together soon. They opened up a new one in Rancho Bernardo off the 15 so it is good for peopleing coming from the north and south.

RAWR, well i am at work and my neck is still fucked up so im probably a little grumpy

I'm down KA, i live in Mira Mesa with skeletor666 now, we arent far from RB at all.

photo teachers are just guys who couldn't cut it anyways

so they take pictures of hobos and brick walls and call it high art

that's not true

our media theory lecturer is an award winning sports photographer

now all he does is teach about fucking psychoanalytical film theory :)

RAWR, well i am at work and my neck is still fucked up so im probably a little grumpy

I'm down KA, i live in Mira Mesa with skeletor666 now, we arent far from RB at all.

I'm sitting at home getting ready to go to a concert and just had an ice cool margarita (Hornitos and Grand Mariner) to cool off.

from the looks of this thread, all of you people with DSLR's are idiots, like me :sunny:

listen, you said yourself AFTER I explained what she wanted (a DIGITAL SLR for class and for LIFE) that she should get a FILM SLR because it would teach her how to shoot and whatnot better. SHE KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT WITH FILM. she has been in many a photo course (at Brock btw grey, not UWO) and knows a shit ton about photography and whatnot. you unfortunately seemed to think i was calling you an idiot for your choice of camera or something, but i was infact calling you an idiot for ignoring the first couple of posts which clearly described what we want and you went the exact opposite.

moving on, thanks for anyone with real input. she said she's used an olympus before and was happy with it, so she was interested in this idea. obviously she hasn't tried ever DSLR camera out there, so she isn't as informed about some of them (and that's why people ask questions)

as said this is for photo classes (because she needs her own) and for the rest of her life probably. she is not looking to get into professional photography though she does know the workings of a camera and appreciates SLR cameras enough to want to want them. she takes a lot of pictures for pleasure and is very artsy.

i take it from everyone that this is not the deal to go with, but does anyone have any better suggestions that include this sort of kit (2 lens isn't necessary, 1 is though :p) and tripod would be the other hopefully included thing. in canada fyi too.

i will give you the same input, get a canon or a nikon

she can think shes as elite as she wants, but your posts stink of ignorance, who knows if its yours or hers though.

im sure she knows how to expose a picture. sure.

get back to me when she can setup 2 or 3 radio strobes , expose -that- properly, and pose 150 people while she's in the middle of figuring that out.

ive done it. but hey, shes taken pictures of flowers. good for her.

re: that kit

it's garbage. make, model, and specs. forget about all the extra shit, and get a better body and lens (fixed f/1.8) and that's ample enough for a newbie. say byebye to olympus and hello to cannon or nikon.

it's how i started, though a few hundred less cause i went the film route.

ps: get the tripod separate. fuck it - get it used. get everything separate. fuck a kit. but cutting away all the unnecessary shit you make up for it and spend about the same amount of money anyway.

Last edited:
Back